This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lars Björn Gustafsson|
19 February 1986
Early and personal life
Gustafsson was born in Gothenburg, Sweden. He studied at the Calle Flygares Theater School in Stockholm to become an actor. His film debut came in 2006 with the Swedish movie Beck – Flickan i jordkällaren. But before his debut as an actor, he had already debuted in 2005 as a stand-up comedian at Bungy Comedy, a Swedish club for stand-up beginners. In 2006 he enrolled at Standup Star, a stand-up school, where among others, Özz Nûjen and Jakob Öqvist, two of the most well-known comedians in Sweden, have attended.
In 2008, he appeared on Melodifestivalen 2008, the Swedish selections for the Eurovision Song Contest. He sang a song to Kristian Luuk's (the host) girlfriend Carina Berg. In his song he declared his love for her. Afterward, Berg said that she had to hide her cheeks so people couldn't see that she was blushing.
Gustafsson gained a certain degree of international fame following a World of Warcraft (WoW) joke in Parlamentet, talking about people wasting time on the internet and not contributing to their party's effort by playing inefficiently, using so much internal WoW terminology himself that he was incomprehensible to non-players. The scene was spread over the Internet, mainly on YouTube, where translations into other languages could also be found.
In 2008, Björn received big media attention by great efforts in Parlamentet and as an entertainer in the intervals of Melodifestivalen. He also got voted as Sweden's funniest man by Aftonbladet's readers on 6 March 2008. He also read the Swedish votes at the Eurovision Song Contest 2008. He continued his "stand-up" shows at the big stage, in the 44th Guldbagge Awards in 2009 together with Johan Glans, and with Robert Gustafsson in the Svenska idrottsgalan 2009 (Swedish athletics awards) where he also presented the nominations for rookie of the year.
Since 2016, he plays the role of Don in the American comedy television series People of Earth.
- Beck – Flickan i jordkällaren (2006)
- Les Grandes Personnes (2008)
- Kenny Begins (2009)
- Björn Gustafsson: A life's Work
- Tina og Betina The Movie
- Kronjuvelerna (2011)
- Cockpit (2012)
- Spy (2015)
- Kung Fury (2015)
- Eurovision Song Contest 2008
- Melodifestivalen 2008
- Extra! Extra!
- Tack gode gud
- Sverige pussas och kramas
- Stockholm Live
- Hål i väggen
- Julkalendern: Barna Hedenhös uppfinner julen
- Söder om Folkungagatan
- The Comedians (one episode as Jonas)
- People of Earth (Don)
- "Björn Gustafsson Biografi" (in Swedish). Retrieved 2009-04-19.[dead link]
- "Björn Gustafsson" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Institute. Archived from the original on 2011-08-08. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- Björn Gustafsson är vår nya komikerstjärna | Metro
- "Ny film och tv-serie från prisbelönade regissören Ella Lemhagen · Film & TV-Producenterna". filmtvp.se. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Gustafsson till Hollywood – spelar mot Jude Law". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- Sweden, Sveriges Television AB, Stockholm,. "Betnér och Gustafsson spelar nazister i Kung Fury". svt.se. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Salems kupp: Björn på flygel". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Björn Gustafsson.|