|Leader of the Red Party|
6 May 2012
|Preceded by||Turid Thomassen|
|Member of Parliament
19 December 1981 |
Bjørnar Moxnes (born 19 December 1981 in Oslo) is the leader of the Red Party, having succeeded Turid Thomassen on 6 May 2012. He is a member of the Oslo city council. He was formerly deputy party leader, from 2010 to 2012.
Moxnes was raised on Nordstrand in Oslo by a mother who was a nurse and a father who worked in a kindergarten. He became politically active after neo-nazis began to make their mark in the 90's. Later, while studying in the Oslo Cathedral School he became a member of Red Youth.
Moxnes did his higher education at the University of Oslo where he studied sociology. In his Master's theses Med makt i bagasjen - En analyse av politikerelitens yrkesmobilitet (With power in the luggage - An analysis of occupational mobility of politicians) he analysed the tendency of politicians to change careers from politics to PR. Moxnes concluded that characteristics such as class background and education have little effect directly on the probability of transition to high (occupational) class positions. Instead political capital, enshrined in politics, increasingly influences this probability. He did, however, not rule out that class backgrounds and education indirectly affect occupational mobility, because high education or exclusive class backgrounds increase the likelihood of entry into occupations where the accumulation of political capital is greatest.
Leader of Red Youth
In 2004 Moxnes became the leader of the Red Youth after having spent ten years as secretary for the organisation.
Politician and leader of Rødt
- TV2, 6.mai 2012: Bjørnar Moxnes (30) er Rødts nye leder
- "Den røde og ranke - Dagsavisen". 2014-02-22. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- Lycke, Tia Karlsen, Christian. "Grøtglad sosialist" (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- Moxnes, Bjørnar (2010). "Med makt i bagasjen : En studie av politikerelitens yrkesmobilitet". https://www.duo.uio.no/handle/10852/15317. External link in
- AS, TV 2. "Bjørnar Moxnes (30) er Rødts nye leder". TV 2 (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2017-09-12.
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|