Bjorli is served by the Rauma Line, providing a convenient method for tourists to reach this destination. Its major tourist attractions include:
- The Bjorli ski center, with early snow, 1 chair lift serving 660 m of vertical drop, and numerous cross-country trails.
- The Dovrefjell-Sunndalsfjella National Park's mountains make for spectacular hiking during the summer and skiing in the winter. Due to rather long walks between unstaffed huts and harsh, unstable weather conditions, this area is recommended for experienced hikers only.
Because of its unique mountainous terrain, this is the filming location for one scene in the Harry Potter movie "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which came out in July 2009 in the United Kingdom and United States.
References and notes
- As with many Norwegian place names, there are variants for the spelling of Bjorli. Bjørli is a common alternative local spelling.
- Bjorli Ski-Center (Norwegian)
- Bjorli - Lesja Reiseliv AS (Norwegian)
- Weather forecast for Bjorli (Norwegian)
- More general info about Bjorli