Angela Renée White
May 11, 1988
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
Angela Renée White (born May 11, 1988), professionally known as Blac Chyna, is an American model and entrepreneur. In 2014, she launched her own make-up brand Lashed by Blac Chyna and a beauty salon in Encino, Los Angeles.
Chyna began stripping in Maryland to pay for college tuition. While attending Johnson & Wales University in Miami, she resumed stripping but was too exhausted to attend classes. She dropped out after repeatedly falling asleep in class, focusing instead on stripping and modeling. She borrowed the name "Blac Chyna" from a customer. While stripping at a popular Miami club, her exotic look made her popular; radio host Angela Yee described her as looking "like someone who was going to be famous." In 2010, Drake name-dropped her in "Miss Me". Her rising popularity led to modeling jobs on the covers of Dimepiece, Straight Stuntin and Black Men's Magazine. Later in 2010, she was cast as Nicki Minaj's stunt double in Monster.
In February 2013, Chyna enrolled in JLS Professional Make Up Artist School. In December 2013, she launched her online boutique entitled "88fin", filled with new clothing and products from her clothing line of the same name. That same month, Chyna launched her own brand of adhesive eyelashes called "LASHED by Blac Chyna". In February 2014, Chyna purchased a beauty bar in Encino, Los Angeles, offering makeup courses.
Chyna said rapper Tyga asked her to join him on tour in 2011, but she refused. The following year, she appeared in his video "Rack City" and began a relationship with him. They had a son together, who was born in October 2012. The two split in 2014 when he reportedly began a relationship with Kylie Jenner. Chyna and Jenner feuded with each other over social media, but Chyna mended her relationship with the Kardashians after she began dating Jenner's half-brother, Rob Kardashian, in 2016. Their daughter was born in November 2016. In December 2016, Kardashian announced on his Instagram post that he and Chyna split. They reconciled a few days after but separated again in February 2017. In July 2017, Rob Kardashian posted sexually explicit photos of Blac Chyna onto social media. This action led Chyna to obtain a temporary restraining order against Kardashian.
- Ogunnaike, Lola (August 30, 2016). "Blac Chyna Bares All". Elle. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- Gavilanes, Grace (July 6, 2017). "Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna, Relationship Timeline". People. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- Baxter-Wright, Dusty (July 13, 2017). "Blac Chyna's rise to fame is actually really interesting". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- Bobb, Maurice (November 16, 2012). "Tyga Welcomes His First Baby – MTV". MTV. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Vivinetto, Gina (November 10, 2016). "Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna welcome baby daughter, Dream". NBC Today. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "Rob Kardashian announces Blac Chyna split on Instagram". CTV News. December 18, 2016. Archived from the original on June 4, 2017. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- Winton, Richard (July 10, 2017). "'Devastated' Blac Chyna wins temporary restraining order against Rob Kardashian in sex images case". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 14, 2019.