|Kernel type||Monolithic kernel (Linux)|
|Default user interface||Various|
BlackArch is a penetration testing distribution based on Arch Linux that provides a large amount of cyber security tools. It is an open-source distro created specially for penetration testers and security researchers. The repository contains more than 2400 tools that can be installed individually or in groups. BlackArch Linux is compatible with existing Arch Linux installs.
BlackArch is similar in usage to both Parrot OS and Kali Linux when fully installed. A critical difference between the other distributions and BlackArch, however, is that BlackArch does not provide a desktop environment but provides a lot of Window Managers preconfigured. Similar to Kali and Parrot, BlackArch can be burned to an ISO image and run as a live system. BlackArch can also be installed as an unofficial user repository on any current Arch installation.
BlackArch currently contains 2586 packages and tools, along with their dependencies. BlackArch is developed by a small number of cyber security specialists and researchers that add the packages as well as dependencies needed to run these tools.
- "BlackArch Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution". BlackArch Linux. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- Barrow (September 25, 2017). "Exploring Kali Linux Alternatives: How to Get Started with BlackArch, a More Up-to-Date Pentesting Distro". WonderHowTo. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Downloads BlackArch". Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Tools in BlackArch". BlackArch. Retrieved October 18, 2020.
- Linux, BlackArch (2019-05-24). "New BlackArch Linux ISOs and OVA (2019.06.01) released with 2200 tools included! New version of installer (v1.1.1), kernel 5.1.4, and more! Get it whille it's hot: https://blackarch.org/downloads.html - https://blackarch.org/blog.html RT pls! #blackarch #linux #pentest #pentesting". @blackarchlinux. Retrieved 2019-05-26. External link in
|title=(help)[non-primary source needed]