This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
Black Beat (블랙 비트) was a South Korean boy band formed by SM Entertainment. The seven-member group released an album Volume 1 - Black Beat #2002 in 2002. They have not promoted as a group since SM Town 2006. Several members are active as choreographers and vocal trainers for other SM Entertainment artists. In 2007, lead vocalist Jang Jin-young teamed up with Kim Sung-pil to form the R&B duo, ByJinSung.
Black Beat used to be a one-member group when they debuted in 2000. They debuted as a seven-member group during Lee Ji-hun's Dream Concert 2000 as back-up vocalists and dancers. Before 2002, Black Beat members performed as rappers and dancers for other artists. They have all performed as dancers for S.E.S.' "Dreams Come True" performances.
Performing with other artists
After joining SM Entertainment, Black Beat has appeared in many music videos and performances for other artists, mainly S.E.S.. Other artists include BoA, H.O.T., Shinhwa, Fly to the Sky, Shinvi, Dana, and Lee Ji-hun as dancers, backup vocals, choreographers, and rappers. A video clip of member Jae-won dancing with Hyoyeon, a member of girl group Girls' Generation, has also garnered a lot of attention.
- Lee So-min (이소민)
- Hwang Sang-hoon (황상훈)
- Jung Ji-hoon (정지훈)
- Shim Jae-won (심재원)
- Jang Jin-young (장진영)
Appearances in music videos
All seven members (dancers)
- Shinhwa's "All Your Dreams"
Yoo Hyun-jae, Jung Ji Hun, Hwang Sang Hun, and Shim Jae-won (dancers)
- BoA's "ID Peace B"
- BoA's "Sara"
Yoo Hyun-jae (dancer) and Shim Jae-won (rapper)
- S.E.S.' "Twilight Zone"
Yoo Hyun-jae (dancer)
- S.E.S.' "Noreul Saranghae"
Shim Jae-won (as a thief; dancer)
- H.O.T.'s "We Are the Future"
- TVXQ's "Why (Keep Your Head Down)"
- TVXQ's "I Don't Know"
- TVXQ's "Superstar"
- BoA's "Only One"
Jang Jin-young (as the younger Jun Jin)
- Shinhwa's "Wedding March"
- Volume 1 - Black Beat #2002 - The First Performance #001 (November 3, 2002)
- Intro (Can't You Feel)
- The Fan
- 날개 (Wing)
- In The Sky
- Black Beat
- Y (Tell Me Why)
- Night Fever
- 친구 (Friend)
- In The Sky (Radio Edited) (Bonus Track
- Summer Vacation in SMTown.com June 10, 2002
- 2002 Winter Vacation in SMTown.com - My Angel My Light December 6, 2002
- 2003 Summer Vacation in SMTown.com June 18, 2003
- 2004 Summer Vacation in SMTown.com July 2, 2004
- 2006 Summer SMTown June 20, 2006
- 2006 Winter SMTown - Snow Dream December 12, 2006
|2002||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best New Group||"In The Sky"||Won|
- "'보컬선생·안무가' SM그룹 블랙비트 요즘 뭐하나" ['Vocal teacher, choreographer' what's SM group Black Beat doing nowadays?] (in Korean). Star News. 27 July 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- 블랙비트 [Mnet Black Beat Profile] (in Korean). Mnet Music. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- iamcrazy51 (17 October 2008). "Hyoyeon and Jaewon Hip Hop Dance" – via YouTube.
- "2002 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list". mama.interest.me. Mnet (TV channel). Archived from the original on 7 October 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2014.