Black Book (company)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
3030 North Rocky Point Drive W|
Tampa, FL 33607
|Doug Brown, CEO, Managing Partner, President|
|Products||Technology market research and opinion research|
|Parent||Black Book Market Research LLC|
Black Book, also known as Black Book Market Research, is a Tampa, Florida technology and services market research and opinion research company. The company provides competitive intelligence, market research, opinion mining and related consulting services for brand, product and service awareness tracking. The company also provides private polling services for media outlets, including U.S. News & World Report and The Wall Street Journal.
The company is privately owned by Douglas Brown, who also serves as the group's CEO.
Black Book was founded in 2002 by Doug Brown, who along with then partner Scott Wilson founded sister company Brown-Wilson Group. In May 2005, Brown and Wilson co-authored the Black Book of Outsourcing, published by John Wiley & Sons. an updated edition was released in 2008. In April 2009, the Brown-Wilson Group was purchased by London UK-based Datamonitor (a subsidiary of Informa).
In November 2010, Black Book launched a healthcare technology division and announced the first results of a four-month poll of 30,000 health professionals which selected top electronic medical record software by hospital type.
According to Black Book's 2013 survey of electronic health record vendors, 25% of respondents said they were actively seeking a new providers. Also in 2013, Black Book began doing private polls for U.S. News & World Report.
Products and services
Black Book produces over two hundred annual market research reports focused on the healthcare technology solutions and services industry, under the names Black Book Research and Black Book Rankings.
Black Book issues annual client experience, brand loyalty and satisfaction rankings for a variety of technology and managed services fields, including electronic health records, health information exchanges, banking, insurance, education, outsourcing and government.
- "Black Book:Greenway tops EHR vendors for primary care doc satisfaction". fiercehealthit.com. 2015-09-01. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Black Book: Robust data exchange still a decade away". fiercehealthit.com. 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Obama Sidesteps Congress to Expand Student Loan Repayment Program". usnews.com. 2014-06-09. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "A Look at Leading Outsourcing Vendors". The Wall Street Journal. 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2016-03-08.
- "2016 Florida Limited Liability Company Annual Report". sunbiz.org. 2016-01-13. Retrieved 2016-03-08.
- "About Us". brown-wilson.com. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "The Black Book of Outsourcing: How to Manage the Changes, Challenges, and Opportunities". Wiley.com. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "Updated The Black Book of Outsourcing". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Datamonitor acquires the Brown-Wilson Black Book (press release)". Compute Scotland. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "Black Book Rankings names top EMR vendors for 2011". healthcareitnews.com. 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2016-03-08.
- "Black Book survey declares 2013 the "Year of EHR Replacement"". EHR Intelligence. Xtelligent Media. 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Black Book names best of the best EHRs". Healthcare IT News. HIMSS Media. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Black Book says unstable EHR market getting agitated". Healthcare IT News. HIMSS Media. 2013-07-23. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Wanted: Hospital CEOs Without Health Care Experience". usnews.com. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Black Book: Tech support from EHR vendors essential as many hospital clients vent frustrations". Healthcare IT News. HIMSS Media. 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "Revenue cycle management vendors ranked by Black Book". Healthcare IT News. HIMSS Media. 2016-09-21. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "About Us". blackbookrankings.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.