Black Castle, East Lothian
Black Castle, East Lothian is an Iron Age hillfort with a number of defensive banks, located 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south-east of Gifford, East Lothian, Scotland. It is south of the B6355 road, between Darent House and Green Castle hillfort.
The fort is on the summit of a hillock, at 900 feet (270 m). It measures about 380 by 340 feet (120 by 100 m). It has an inner and an outer rampart, and two entrances marked by causeways. To the west is a plantation named Black Castle wood.
- Blackcastle Hill, East Lothian
- Chesters Hill Fort
- White Castle, East Lothian
- Traprain Law
- List of places in East Lothian
- List of hill forts in Scotland
- "Black Castle,fort,Newlands - SM745". Historic Environment Scotland. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
|This East Lothian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|