Black Earth Farming
|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: BEF SDB|
|Richard Warburton (CEO)|
|Subsidiaries||LLC Managing Company AGRO-Invest|
Black Earth Farming is a public, investment-run agriculture business based in Russia, operating as LLC Managing Company AGRO-Invest. It controls more than 3,000 square kilometres (1,200 sq mi) of land in the Black Earth Region. Their business goal has been described as the acquisition of "cheap, neglected, but fertile land in the fertile Black Earth regions of Russia" by CEO Richard Warburton. It is sometimes described as a land grab company.
- Fred Pearce (29 May 2012). The Land Grabbers: The New Fight over Who Owns the Earth. Beacon Press. pp. 134–136. ISBN 978-0-8070-0325-1. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "First-ever profit sends Black Earth shares soaring". AgriMoney. 28 Feb 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Company Overview of OOO Management Company AGROInvest". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Global Issues: Selections from CQ Researcher. Cq Press. June 2012. p. 92. ISBN 978-1-4522-2670-5. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "History of Black Earth Farming". blackearthfarming.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.