Black Element Software
|Industry||Video game development|
|Headquarters||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Products||Shade: Wrath of Angels, Alpha Prime|
Black Element Software Co., LTD is a Czech video game developer based in Prague, Czech Republic. Prior to their acquisition by Bohemia Interactive Studio in 2010, they developed computer and console games directly.
Black Element Software was founded in 2000 by the members of Insanity, known for their games Testament and Testament II. They released their first game, Shade: Wrath of Angels, on 1 October 2004. In 2005, they joined with Bohemia Interactive Studio and Altar Games to form IDEA Games, which functioned as a publisher and consultant for several independent developers.
On 30 September 2010, Black Element Software was acquired by fellow IDEA Games member Bohemia Interactive. Despite this acquisition, Bohemia Interactive promised that the acquired companies, including Black Element Software, would continue to operate individually. Since acquisition, Black Element Software has been credited as a subsidiary of Bohemia Interactive Studio.
As of 2014, Black Element Software now provides 3D modeling and related services for other game developers.
- Shade: Wrath of Angels (Windows) - 1 October 2004 (EU) / 14 October 2004 (NA)
- Alpha Prime (Windows) - 25 May 2007 (EU) / 8 November 2007 (NA)
- ArmA: Queen's Gambit (Windows) - 28 September 2007 (WW)
Games released under Bohemia Interactive Studio
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) - 28 September 2012 (WW)
- "Testament II". Hall of Light. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "IDEA Games". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Support". Idea Games. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Bohemia Interactive company profile". Bistudio.com. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Speciál: Bohemia Interactive: Studio, které zlepšilo herní průmysl - Kapitola šestá - Arma 2 se rozšiřuje" (in Czech). Zing.cz. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Official Website". Black Element Software. Retrieved 22 October 2015.