List of Kinnikuman characters
(Redirected from Black Hole (Kinnikuman))
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 Monster Extermination Chapter
- 2 20th Chōjin Olympics Chapter
- 3 American Tour Chapter
- 4 Monster Extermination Second Chapter
- 5 The 21st Chōjin Olympics: The Big Fight
- 6 The Seven Devil Chōjins
- 7 The Golden Mask
- 8 Dream Chōjin Tag Team Chapter
- 9 Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne
- 10 Muscle Returns
- 11 Kinnikuman Kaijū
- 12 Anime-original characters
- 13 Extraterrestrials
- 14 Others
- 15 References
Monster Extermination Chapter
- Kinnikuman is the protagonist of the series and prince of Planet Kinniku. Though usually a clumsy idiot, when things are at their worst he is capable of tremendous power, luck, and stamina. His favorite food is gyuudon and he will do anything for a bowl of it. His real name is Suguru Kinniku. He is voiced by Akira Kamiya.
- Meat Alexandria is Kinnikuman's young sidekick and trainer. He is much smarter than Kinnikuman and often scolds him for being stupid. He is usually referred to as Meat-kun. He is voiced by Minori Matsushima.
- Terryman is Kinnikuman's best friend. An extremely popular American Chōjin from Texas who is also a brilliant strategist. He was modeled after Terry Funk. He is voiced by Hideyuki Tanaka.
- Mayumi Kinniku is Kinnikuman's father and the 57th King of Planet Kinniku. Though usually embarrassed by Kinnikuman's stupid behavior, he is one of his loudest supporters. He is usually referred to as Kinniku-Daiō (King Kinniku). He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Sayuri Kinniku (キン肉小百合 Kinniku Sayuri) is the mother of Kinnikuman, wife of Mayumi Kinniku, and the 57th Queen of Planet Kinniku. She is usually depicted as a typical long-suffering, loving mother character, but she has been known to transform into a violent fan during her sons matches, even to the point of using her husband to show Kinnikuman which moves to use. She has the ability to grow large like her son, as evident from the time she masqueraded as him in order to fight Kaijū and redeem his image. In the anime, she is very jealous of Mari, because Kinnikuman takes more attention on his love interest than his mother. In the manga and first anime she is typically referred to as Mama, but in the Throne Arc anime she is called by her real name. In both anime, she was listed in the credits as Queen Kinniku (キン肉王妃 Kinniku Ōhi). By Kinnikuman Nisei she has died, leaving Mayumi a widower. She is voiced by Nana Yamaguchi (Yōko Matsuoka in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne).
- Natsuko Shōno (翔野ナツ子 Shouno Natsuko) is a young reporter for Weekly Hero (週刊HERO Shūkan HERO) who becomes Terryman's girlfriend. She is almost never seen without her trademark newsboy cap and camera. She is a bit of a tomboy, wearing bellbottoms and a tanktop in earlier chapters and overalls and a sweater from the Chōjin Olympics on. She is very possessive of Terryman and has even been known to attack his female admirers (and Nakano-san) for getting too close to him. Their relationship is made more obvious in the anime, as they are frequently shown on dates and she gets really into his fights (similar to Sayuri Kinniku with Kinnikuman's fights). She is voiced by Hiromi Tsuru (Akiko Hiramatsu in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne).
- Kazuo Nakano is a frequent background character who serves as the color commentator in the anime. He was actually a parody of the assistant editor of Weekly Shōnen Jump at that time. He is usually referred to as Nakano-san. He is voiced by Sanji Hase.
- Yosaku is a guy who often pops up wherever there's a TV camera, doing an impromptu naked fan dance. In the anime he is known for appearing just about anywhere and performing numerous jobs, most notably working at Kinnikuman's favorite gyuudon place. He also will often fill in as announcer with Nakano-san. He appears frequently throughout the series as several different character, including Bibinba's father Horumon Yāki, and had a longer tenure than the more recognizable Nakano-san. An elderly Yosaku makes a cameo appearance in Kinnikuman Nisei. His nickname is Be Anywhere Do Anything Yosaku-san (何処にでも出てきて何にでもなる与作さん Doko ni demo Detekite Nani ni demo naru Yosaku-san). He is voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori.
- Mari Nikaidō (二階堂マリ Nikaidō Mari) is a teacher at Suminoe Kindergarten that falls for Kinnikuman. When Bibinba arrives, she feels overshadowed by her and gives up on Kinnikuman, going overseas to study. In Kinnikuman II, Mari has returned to Japan and has an adopted daughter named Rinko who is the love interest of Kinniku Mantaro.
- Detective Akaiwa (赤岩刑事 Akaiwa-keiji) is a Jōsai District Police Inspector. When there's trouble, he and his men will often show up with machine guns blazing and then leave without actually solving anything. In the manga he only appears in two stories, but in the anime he is renamed Gobugari (五分刈 "close haircut"), Police Inspector of the West Sumidagawa Station and appears frequently. He is a parody of Tetsuya Watari's cop character Raisuke Kuroiwa from the TV series Daitokai (大都会).
- Earth Defense Force Chief (地球防衛軍長官 Chikyuu Bouei-gun Choukan)/Don Pikeur Derikaone (ドン・ピカー・デリカオーネ) is a short bald mustachioed man. He has a very active imagination and will sometimes try to get involved with the fights. He originally appears as the chief of the Earth Defense Force, but appears again during Kinnikuman's fight with Curry Cook during the Chōjin Olympics as a fan eating gyuudon. He appears twice as a doctor: first during the American Tour Arc as the doctor who takes care of Robert, and then during the Seven Akuma Chōjin Arc as the doctor who tells Kinnikuman to rest for a few days. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- King Tōn (キング・トーン) is a pig. When Suguru was a baby, the Kinniku family was flying in space. A pig in the ship was causing a commotion, and Mayumi mistakenly threw Suguru out of the ship to Earth. The pig, Ikue, was mistakenly raised as prince in place of Suguru. It become known as King Tōn (Pork) and took over Kinniku Planet. Although he managed to defeat Kinnikuman, a butcher who was King Ton's original owner arrives and chases King Ton away. He is voiced by Issei Futamata.
- Gōriki (ゴーリキ) was a member of the Kinniku clan who came along with Meat to retrieve Kinnikuman. If Suguru could beat Gōriki in a Steel Cage Match, he could stay on Earth. He was about to beat Suguru when he suddenly noticed the goofy faces Suguru was making while in pain and began laughing uncontrollably on the ground. He tossed and turned so much that he broke his spine, allowing Suguru the win (it did not matter anyway because the next day Meat offered Kinnikuman a gyuudon if he came home so he agreed). He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Kimiko Nakano (中野公子 Nakano Kimiko) is Kazuo's wife. In the manga Kazuo will often try to sell her off, but in the anime he had a cloyingly loving relationship with her. She is voiced by Nana Yamaguchi.
- Kazuhiko Torishima (鳥嶋和彦 Torishima Kazuhiko) is another frequent background character and parody of Kazuhiko Torishima, an editor of Weekly Shōnen Jump. He is usually referred to as Mayuusu no Torishima (マユうすの鳥嶋, "Thin Eyebrows" Torishima).
- Pandaman (パンダマン) is the hero of a popular children's TV series. Kinnikuman mistook him as a real Chōjin at an amusement park and challenged him. Much later in 1998, Eiichiro Oda created a gag profile for an unrelated Chōjin also called Pandaman for the tribute book Kinnikuman 77 Mysteries. He later used him as a recurring background character in his own manga series One Piece. He appeared as a hidden character in the game Kinnikuman Nisei: New Generation vs Legends. However, Oda's character has never appeared in any Kinnikuman manga or anime stories.
- Kunta (クンタ) is the princess of Roots Island. When all of the soldiers on her island are killed by Ukon, Octopus Dragon, and Harigorasu, she enlists the aide of Kinnikuman and Terryman. Meat refers to her as Irresponsible Princess (いいかげんな王女 Iikagen na Oujou).
20th Chōjin Olympics Chapter
- Robin Mask is a British knight Chōjin. He starts out as a recurring rival but becomes one of the most important Seigi Chōjin. His armor reduces his strength (for his opponent's sake) and he trained Warsman. He is voiced by Daisuke Gōri.
- Ramenman is a Chinese martial arts Chōjin who is known for his brutal fighting style. At one point, when he is supposed to a vegetable, he poses as Mongolman. He became so popular that he got his own spin-off series, Tatakae!! Ramenman. He is voiced by Eiji Kanie.
- Harabote Muscle is usually referred to as Iinchō (委員長 Chairman). He is the rival and close friend of Mayumi Kinniku. He serves as the chairman of the Chōjin Committee (超人委員会 Chōjin Iinkai). However, he is not very well respected by the Chōjin community. He was at one time a Chōjin wrestler and had obstructed Mayumi's quest for Chōjin Olympic V3 by winning the 11th Olympics. As chairman, he oversees all the matches and tournaments that take place within the series and will sometimes serve as referee. He was also the moderator of Kinnikuman's coronation and later the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne. In Kinnikuman Nisei, his Chōjin Committee status has fallen, apparently because his management skills have deteriorated with age. Afterwards, he hands his chairman position over to his son, Ikemen Muscle. In the English adaptation of Ultimate Muscle, Harabote is renamed Vance McMadd as a parody of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) owner Vince McMahon, and the federation is renamed the Intergalactic Wrestling Federation (IWF). His children Ikeman and Jacqueline are based loosely on Shane and Stephanie McMahon. He is voiced by Yonehiko Kitagawa in Kinnikuman, Takkou Ishimori in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne, Kenji Nomura in Kinnikuman Nisei, Darren Dunstan in Ultimate Muscle in English dub.
- Canadianman is a Canadian Chōjin. He was used in some way in almost every story arc after his introduction, making him probably the most recognized "Background Chōjin" in the series. He is voiced by Yonehiko Kitagawa.
- Specialman is a Chōjin in the form of an American football player. At first he is portrayed as one of the top-label Chōjins in the world, but he is easily eliminated in the 20th Chōjin Olympics by Kinkotsuman's scheme. He constantly appears throughout the rest of the series, most notably in the Dream Chōjin Tag Arc when he and Canadianman have their right to participate stolen from the trespassing Stray Akuma Combo (Ashuraman and Sunshine). However, as with the aforementioned incidents, he is never truly shown in action. He is a good friend of Terryman and one of many characters who head for Osaka Castle during the Throne Arc in order to support Team Kinnikuman. He appears in Kinnikuman Nisei during the Ultimate Chōjin Tag Arc. He and Canadianman are reluctant to be picked to take part in the Reserve Match. It is also revealed at this time that after Specialman was eliminated from the Universal Chōjin Tag Tournament, he was booed and treated badly after returning home. He is voiced by Eiji Kanie.
- Brockenman (ブロッケンマン) is a brutal Nazi Chōjin with aspirations of world domination. He was ripped in half by Ramenman. His death was very gruesome and in a way set the tone for some of the more important fights in how violent they could/would be. His name comes from The Brocken. Brockenman is also known for being the father of Brocken Jr. He is voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori.
- Curry Cook (カレクック) is a brutal Chōjin who fought Kinnikuman. Curry Cook used a move called Curry Roux which made Kinnikuman go insane and Curry Cook ran away, losing the fight. He later became good and is a trainer at the Hercules Factory in Kinnikuman Nisei. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou, Yasunori Masutani (Kinnikuman Nisei).
- Skyman (スカイマン) is a Mexican luchador. He fought and lost to Terryman in the first round of the 20th Olympics. Parody of Mil Máscaras. He is voiced by Issei Futamata.
- Kani Base (カニベース) is a crab chōjin. In the Chōjin Olympics preliminaries, the fighters had to participate in a game of janken (Rock, Paper, Scissors). Kinnikuman took on Kani Base who because he had pincers for hands could only choose scissors, Kinnikuman chose rock and beat him. Before the 21st Olympics, he had his pincers changed to hands and lost again when Kinnikuman chose scissors. Friends with Kinkotsuman and Iwao. He was named Buster Crabb in Ultimate Muscle. Voiced by Sanji Hase, Eiji Takemoto (Kinnikuman Nisei).
- Kintaman (キンターマン) is a competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. In the anime he was called "Kuntaman" so not to sound like kintama (testicles). He is voiced by Yonehiko Kitagawa.
- Sphinxman (スフィンクスマン) is a Sphinx Chōjin who was a competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Lupin (ルピーン) is a competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. A parody of Arsene Lupin.
- Copper Bellman (銅ベルマン Dō Beruman) is a dōtaku chōjin and competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. Eliminated in the battle royal. His shield has the periodic table copper symbol Cu on it.
- Zorroman (ゾローマン) is a competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. Parody of Zorro.
- Amazonman (アマゾンマン) is a competitor in the 20th Chōjin Olympics. Eliminated in the battle royal. Originally portrayed with a skull on his forehead and a bone through is nose, this depiction was ruled a politically incorrect depiction of indigenous people and has been changed in recent printings.
- Vikingman (バイキングマン) is a Viking chōjin who only appeared in the anime.
- White Bearman (ホワイトベアマン) is a Polar bear chōjin who only appeared in the anime.
- Yetiman (雪男マン Yukiotokoman) is a Yeti chōjin who only appeared in the anime.
- Announcer Yoshigai (吉貝アナウンサー Yoshigai Anaunsā) is a announcer. Wherever there's a wrestling match, Yoshigai is there as the Play-by-play. Theme Song: "Moero! Housou Seki (Burning Announcer's Chair)" by Takayuki Miyauchi. He is voiced by Kouji Totani, Masato Hirano (Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne), Mahito Ohba (Kinnikuman Nisei).
- Hiroshi Tazahama (タザハマ・ヒロシ Tazahama Hiroshi) is a color commentator in the manga. Parody of the late JWA and AJPW commentator Hiroshi Tazuhama (田鶴浜弘). In the anime, he is replaced by Nakano-san.
- Red Shoes Man (レッドシューズマン) is the Chōjin Olympic Referee. He is voiced by Issei Futamata.
- Gagne Mask (ガニアマスク) is Robin Mask's trainer. Parody of Verne Gagne. Has "AWA" on his forehead. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou.
- Alisa Mackintosh (アリサ・マッキントッシュ) is Robin Mask's wife, and Kevin Mask's mother. She is voiced by Chisato Nakajima.
American Tour Chapter
- Prince Kamehame is the former Hawaiian Champion who taught Kinnikuman the 48 Killer Moves and the 52 Clutch Holds. During the Dream Chōjin Tag Arc, he teams up with Kinnikuman under the name Kinnikuman Great. He died in battle against Sunshine and Terryman took over the alias of Kinnikuman Great. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou.
- Jesse Maivia (ジェシー・メイビア) is a champion of the Hawaiian Chōjin world and a master of Move Reversion. He was so powerful he defeated the great Prince Kamehame to become the Hawaiian Champion, and is the only character in the series to defeat him in a singles match. However his power and skill make him arrogant and he never learns his own techniques, instead relying only on his Move Reversion. This leads him to lose the belt to Kinnikuman, but he regains it later from Kamehame. He returns during the 21st Chōjin Olympics and again more prominently during the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne. By this time he has lost his arrogance and is depicted as a more level-headed character. He appears in Ultimate Muscle as a trainer at the Hercules Factory. His name comes from Peter Maivia, the grandfather of The Rock. His voice actor is Ryōichi Tanaka.
- Sheik Seijin (シーク星人) is the World Supermen Federation (世界超人同盟 Sekai Chōjin Dōmei) (WSF) Chairman. A parody of Ed "The Sheik" Farhat. An kaiju also named Shiek Seijin appeared earlier (riding a Tauntaun in the anime); it's not clear if they are the same person or not. In the anime he is depicted as Edith Harrison's minion. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- God Von Erich (ゴッド・フォン・エリック) is the founder of the American Chōjin World. A parody of Fritz Von Erich.
- Dynamite Piper (ダイナマイトパイパー) is a young Chōjin who fought and lost to Robin Mask during the American Tour. Named after Roddy Piper. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Skull Boze is Devil Magician's tag team partner. He and Devil Magician used ways to cheat by using weapons during their fight against Beauty Rhodes nad Jean Steamboat. He and Devil Magician were defeated by Kinnikuman and Terryman. Parody of Skull Murphy.
- Devil Magician is Skull Boze's tag team partner. He and Skull Bozu used ways to cheat by using weapons during the fight against Beauty Rhodes and Jean Steamboat. He and Skull Bozu were defeated by Kinnikuman and Terryman.
- Kinkotsuman (キン骨マン, lit. Bone-and-tendon Man) (renamed "Skullduggery" in the English dub of Kinnikuman Nisei) is a skeleton Chōjin who comes from the planet Dokuro-sei (ドクロ星, lit. Planet Skull). He befriends Iwao and they create Black Shadow for the American Tour. When Black Shadow was destroyed by Skull Bozo and Devil Magician, Kinkotsuman took over as Iwao's partner.
Monster Extermination Second Chapter
- Brocken Jr. is a German Nazi Chōjin. He initially seeks revenge against Ramenman for killing his father but later changes his ways and they become close friends. Despite his appearance and heritage, he never portrays any Nazi beliefs. He is voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori.
- Bibinba is the love interest of Suguru Kinniku. Bibinba was the daughter of Horumon Yāki, the leader of the tribe who has intense hatred to the Kinniku clan. Horumon dispatches his daughter to kill the heir to the Kinniku throne, Kinnikuman. Most of Bibinba's attempts to kill him ended with Kinnikuman helping her which eventually led her to fall in love with him. She travelled back to Earth with Kinnikuman and Meat and was the cause for Mari leaving Japan. While on Earth, she cleans for him, walks around wearing nothing but an apron, and cooks him okayu, her specialty. But Kinnikuman already depends on Meat for everything (even wiping his bottom) and only eats gyuudon, so she becomes upset and runs away. She finds find solace by joining the Earth Defense Force, which makes Kinnikuman jealous. Her name is Japanese for bibimbap. She is renamed Belinda Muscle in the English-language Ultimate Muscle. She is voiced by Michie Tomizawa.
- Horumon Yāki (ホルモン・ヤーキ) is the chief of the Horumon tribe, enemies of the Kinniku tribe. Besides his daughter Bibinba, he has a wife Harami who was dead by this time in the story, and a son, Bulgogi Yāki. His name is a parody of horumonyaki. He is voiced by Jouji Yanami (Kinnikuman second movie only).
- Shishkeba Boo (シシカバ・ブー) is the son of the Barbecue tribe chief, Shamikeba Boo, and the arranged fiancé of Bibinba, much to her displeasure. He was supposed to kill Kinnikuman for Bibinba's hand but realized that Bibinba was really in love with Kinnikuman and he had no chance with her so he just walked away. Named after Shish kebab. He reappears in Kinnikuman Nisei as one of the Planet Kinniku government's top council members. He is voiced by Keiichi Noda (Kinnikuman second movie) and Mahito Ohba (Kinnikuman Nisei).
The 21st Chōjin Olympics: The Big Fight
- Warsman is a Soviet cyborg Chōjin. He possesses a pair of retractable claws called Bear Claws. He also had an internal computer that could discover and exploit any weakness. He also has excellent artificial intelligence and calmly judges his opponents so as to defeat them within 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, his inner computer begins to shut down and smoke emits from his body. He was discovered by Robin Mask (in the alias of Mr. Barracuda). Although he killed Teapack Man and Petagon as well as rendering Ramen Man brain dead, he was defeated by Kinnikuman who alongside Robin Mask became friends with Kinnikuman. He is voiced by Hideyuki Hori
- Wolfman is a Sumo Yokozuna Chōjin. He was modeled after famous sumo wrestler Chiyonofuji Mitsugu and, like him, relied more on strength than weight. In the anime he is renamed Rikishiman. Ultimate Muscle renamed him again as Sosumi. He is voiced by Masashi Hirose.
- Pentagon (ペンタゴン), also known as The Pentagon (ザ・ペンタゴン), has a five-pointed star polygon drawn on his face, a completely white body, and bird-like wings used for his trademark aerial attacks. In his 21st Chōjin Olympics Quarter Finals match against Warsman, his wings were ripped off and he was sliced from his face down to his abdomen. His cousin is Akuma Chōjin Black Hole, and the two of them participated in the Dream Chōjin Tag Arc as the 4D Killer Combo. By turning the pentagram on his face he can manipulate space-time. He later appears in Ultimate Muscle as one of the Legends alongside Chienowaman and King Cobra where he was named Starface. His voice actor is Kouji Totani in Kinnikuman (ep. 32), and Hideyuki Tanaka in Kinnikuman (ep. 33 and on).
- Benkiman (ベンキマン) is a urinal Chōjin (benki is Japanese for urinal) who Kinnikuman had to wrestle during the 21st Chōjin Olympics. Kinnikuman eventually was sucked into Benkiman's toilet and flushed down. When someone is flushed down, they never return. However, Kinnikuman returned because he stuffed his shorts into the toilet causing it to back up. The back up resulted in Kinnikuman winning the match. In the manga he has wore a coil of feces for a hat, but the anime changed it to a water faucet. He was renamed "Mister Pee" in Ultimate Muscle where he was the father of the Hollywood Bowl. He is voiced by Issei Futamata, Takumi Yamazaki (Kinnikuman Nisei).
- Chienowaman (チエの輪マン) is a disentanglement puzzle Chōjin. Motto is: "Modern toys are no match for me". Cubeman literally took him apart in the first round. He was renamed "Mindpuzzler" in Ultimate Muscle where he was depicted as one of the Legends alongside King Cobra and Pentagon. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Tileman (タイルマン) is a tile Chōjin. Defeated in the qualifying round by the Fishers, he, along with several other lesser Chōjins who had failed to qualify, was given another chance at participation in the tournament by taking part in a demonstration to touch Benkiman. He thought that as he was so large, he could not be flushed by the toilet Chōjin. He was shot out when Kinnikuman made Benkiman's plumbing back up. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou.
The Seven Devil Chōjins
- Buffaloman is a large Chōjin with cow-like horns. His fighting style relies on his strength and power. Though one of The Seven Devil Chōjins, Buffaloman fights honorably. He is defeated by Kinnikuman and dies restoring those that were killed to life. He was later revived by Akuma Shogun to serve him. Once Akuma Shogun was defeated, Buffaloman joined up with Kinnikuman.
- Atlantis is a gill-man-type Chōjin who specializes in fighting underwater and even manipulating water. He lured Robin Mask underwater by throwing Meat's leg in the water and killed Robin Mask. Atlantis suffers his first defeat underwater at the hands of Kinnikuman.
- Black Hole is a black-colored Chōjin who has a giant hole where his face is supposed to be. He is defeated by Kinnikuman. He returned in the Dream Tag-Team arc where he teamed up with Pentagon. They were defeated by the Muscle Brothers.
- Mister Khamen is a Pharaoh-themed Chōjin. He fought Brocken Jr. in his match, Mongol Man arrived and killed Mister Khamen by breaking his neck. He is a parody of King Tut.
- The Mountain is a mountain-themed Chōjin from the Himalayas. He was defeated by Terryman's Brain Buster move.
- Springman is a spring-themed Chōjin that resembled a giant spring with arms and legs. He managed to constrict Wolfman enough to cause his head to shoot off. He tag-teamed with Buffaloman for the final fight with Mongol Man. Mongol Man managed to destroy Springman by kicking him into an electric fence.
- Ste-Casse King, also known as Stereo Cassette King, is a walkman-themed Chōjin and the weakest of Buffaloman's henchmen. He was the first to fight Kinnikuman and was defeated by Kinnikuman's Kinniku Buster.
- The Lost Devil Chōjins are Devil Chōjins that appears with those mentioned above when they challenged the Seigi Chōjins immediately following their escape, then inexplicably vanished.
The Golden Mask
- Geronimo is a young Cherokee Chōjin. He defeats Sunshine as a regular human, but after undergoing a special trial he finally becomes a Chōjin. He refers to the other Idol Chōjin as senpai and is known for his battlecry, U-Ra-Ra!!. Geronimo appears in Ultimate Muscle as a trainer for the Hercules Academy. He is voiced by Kaneto Shiozawa.
- Akuma Shogun is the main villain of this arc. His Silver Mask was originally the Chōjin God Goldman.
- Sunshine appeared as one of the Devil Knights, a group of Akuma Chōjin who had supposedly stolen the Golden Mask, a sacred relic on planet Kinniku that was once the head of a god. He fought Geronimo during the Five Story Ring battle within Warsman's unconscious body. Though he nearly killed Geronimo, he was ultimately defeated by his Apache War Cry technique after his weakness was discovered to be loud noises. Like the other Devil Knights, he was absorbed by Akuma Shogun before the fight with Kinnikuman. Later, he and Ashuraman escape and plot to steal the Friendship Power of the Seigi Chōjins using Cursed Dolls. They enact their plan during the Dream Tag Tournament, where they compete as the Stray Devil Chōjin Combo. After they are defeated by Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Great during the semi-finals they become good, but Sunshine is killed by Neptuneman. Sunshine would later appear during the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne as one of the Chōjins The Omegaman captured, killed, and therefore could now transform into. He is based on the Sunshine 60 Building in Tokyo.
- Ashuraman is a prince from the demon realm who had six arms and three interchangeable faces.
- Silver Man (シルバーマン) is the brother of Chōjin God Goldman. His spirit has possessed the Silver Mask. He is voiced by Issei Futamata; Minori Matsushima (Silver Mask).
- Junkman (ジャンクマン) was another of the Six Devil Knights who never appeared again in the anime. He has giant crushing plates as hands. He fought Robin Mask during the Five-Story Ring battle within Warsman's body. Although he was powerful enough to shatter Robin's sapphire-made armor, Robin eventually defeated him with the Reverse Tower Bridge. His voice actor is Kazuhiko Kishino.
- The Ninja is a ninja Chōjin who is one of the Six Devil Knights. He fought Brocken Jr. during the Five-Story Ring within Warsman's body. Although he had the advantage throughout the fight, Brocken won in the end when he threw the both of them over the side of the ring. As they fell, Ninja disguised himself as Brocken so Robin Mask (in the next ring down) would save him. Robin only had time to save one Brocken and he grabbed the real one, causing Ninja to be killed when he was impaled on Junkman's spikes. The Ninja turned up alive and became a member of Kinnikuman Soldier's team during the survivor series for the throne of Planet Kinniku. He fought Satan Cross and was killed by his Triangle Dreamer, but was brought back to life along with the rest of Team Soldier by Kinnikuman's Face Flash. In Ultimate Muscle, the Ninja is renamed Ninja Ned.
- Planetman is a planet-themed Chōjin who is one of the Six Devil Knights. His body is made up of the nine planets of the solar system with his head being the legendary 12th planet Vulcan. He was defeated by Kinnikuman and disappeared into a black hole that manifested in the middle of the ring.
- Sneagator (スニゲーター) was another of the Akuma Knights to never reappear in the series again. He was the first opponent that Kinnikuman fought in the Golden Mask Arc. He had the ability to shape-shift into any form, ranging from a claw to a snake to a shoe. He faced Kinnikuman and was smashed into the mat in the end. His original form was the foot of a Tyrannosaurus. His grandson is Maxman, one of the villains in Ultimate Muscle.
Dream Chōjin Tag Team Chapter
- Kinnikuman Great (Eiji Kanie→ Hideyuki Tanaka) is a persona used by Kamehame in order to team up with Kinnikuman for the Universal Chōjin Tag Tournament. After he is fatally injured, he secretly passes the identity on to Terryman.
- The First Great (初代グレート Shoudai Gureeto) was Prince Kamehame. When the Universal Chōjin Tag Arc and Ashuraman and Sunshine had stolen the Idol Chōjin's Friendship Power, Kinnikuman was in need of a partner. Kamehame volunteered but the rules of the tournament said only Young Chōjins could compete, so Kamehame donned the Great Mask and signed in as Kinnikuman Great.
- The Second Great (2代目グレート Nidaime Gureeto) was Terryman. After Kamehame was fatally injured, he asked to see Terry in private. He then asked that Terry take over as Kinnikuman Great right before he died. Terry agreed but kept it a secret from Kinnikuman, who he believed wouldn't trust him as a partner right now. Before his first match as Great, Kamehame's spirit trained him to fight like Great.
- Great Three (グレートIII（スリー）) was Chaos. When Kinniku Mantarou needed a partner for the Ultimate Chōjin Tag Arc, he found one in Chōjin Otaku Chaos. However, Chaos claims to be human, which means he cannot enter the tournament. Mantarou then notices that Chaos is in possession of the Great Mask and suggests that he wear it to hide his identity.
- Neptuneman (Kazuhiko Kishino) is the leader of the Perfect Chōjins and Robin Mask's old rival. He is known for his great strength and his Magnet Power. He later reappears during the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne as The Samurai.
- Big the Budō (Yonehiko Kitagawa) is Neptuneman's Tag partner, they have entered the Tag Tournament to steal the masks of the greatest Seigi Chōjin. His true identity is that of the true Perfect Chōjin Don, Neptune King (ネプチューンキング).
- Samson Teacher (Hideyuki Tanaka) is Ashuraman's childhood trainer who taught him about friendship. He is shown in a flashback to have died saving Ashuraman from drowning. He later reappears during the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne as Satan Cross where he is a member of Kinnikuman Super Phoenix's team.
- Screw Kid (スクリューキッド) is a screw-themed wrestler was one of the Perfect Chōjin who served Big the Budō, and he and Kendaman crashed the tag championships, wiping out Brocken Jr. and Wolfman. However, they lost their next match against Buffaloman and Mongolman. Fearing death for his failure, Screw Kid attacked Big the Budō to try to save his own life but was crumbled to dust by his master's power. He had the power to extend sharp drill bits from his hands and knees. Theme Song: "Kyōfu no Kaiten Doriru (Dreaded Spinning Drill)" by Takayuki Miyauchi. He is voiced by Kaneto Shiozawa.
- Kendaman (ケンダマン) was Screw Kid's partner and his special ability was using his head (attached to one wrist by a chain) as a smashing weapon. In their combination attack he would jump on top of Screw Kid as they came down and use his massive weight to drive Screw Kid's spikes deeper into their victims. After losing to Buffaloman and Mongolman, he tried to run away but was caught and killed by Neptuneman. Renamed "Mace" in Ultimate Muscle. He is voiced by Masashi Hirose, Eiji Takemoto.
- Doctor Bombe (ドクター・ボンベ) is a doctor who specializes in Chōjins. He created Ramenman's Mongol Mask and later repairs Kinnikuman's severed arm, but dies shortly afterwards. He was also old friends with Prince Kamehame. He reappears in the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne, giving the dead Warsman a heart transplant using a gemstone that can give him life again. Unfortunately, Warsman returns to the living world before Bombe has a chance to fully recover his memory for him. Apparently named after the German word Bombe. He is voiced by Masaharu Satō, Takkō Ishimori (Scramble for the Throne).
Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne
- Ataru Kinniku (Shigeru Chiba) is Kinnikuman's long lost older brother. He kills the original Kinnikuman Soldier and takes his place. He is viewed as an Aniki by the Idol Chōjin as a whole as opposed to just Kinnikuman.
- Bikeman was a Machine Chōjin in the form of a motorbike and served as Kinnikuman Zebra's Center Guard. At first, he was called Riderman (ライダーマン), but a character with the same name appeared in Kamen Rider V3, so it was changed to Bikeman. He has a dangerous personality and shakes with excitement during a rough fight. He is usually shaped like a normal human, but he can transform into the shape of an autobike. He could also manipulate electricity at will. Zebra relies heavily on his fighting abilities. He charges up his engine by plugging into his teammate Motorman. Like his teammates, he refers to Zebra as Zebra-sama (ゼブラさま).
- The Samurai (Yukitoshi Hori) is the identity illegally revived Neptuneman uses in order to hide from the Chōjin Enma. As The Samurai, he refers to his Quarrel Bomber clothesline as the Iai Beheader Bomber.
- Kinnikuman Super Phoenix (Michihiro Ikemizu), originally Phoenixman possessed by the God of Intelligence. Long before his possession he believed himself to be the true Kinniku Prince. He is suffering from a heart disease.
- Mammothman (Masaharu Satou) is Team Phoenix Advance Guard, a mammoth Chōjin with blood-seeking tusks. He rampages through Team Big Body, leaving only Big Body himself for Super Phoenix to fight.
- The Omegaman (Ken Yamaguchi) is originally one of Neptune King's Perfect Chōjin. He was a bounty hunter for the Chōjin Enma who retrieved Chōjin who escaped from hell, including Screw Kid, Junkman, Atlantis, Sunshine and Sneagator. During the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne, he was involved in another such mission to retrieve Neptuneman. While on Earth, he joined Kinnikuman Super Phoenix's team. Omegaman defeated Geronimo with the Omega Catastrophe Drop which resulted in a tag match, Neptuneman and Kinnikuman vs. Omegaman and Super Phoenix. The match was for each person's page in the Muscle Prophecy book. The pages were tied to a string which hung over a torch. Neptuneman ended up losing his page and dying. This pitted Kinnikuman and Omegaman against each other. Omegaman used his Omega Metamorphosis technique which turned him into Prince Kamehame. Through the course of the match, Kamehame's spirit took over and he finished teaching Kinnikuman the Kamehame 100 Special Techniques. With those techniques at hand, Kinnikuman turned Omegaman back into himself and defeated him with the Muscle Spark.
- Prisman (Ken Yamaguchi→ Ryouichi Tanaka) is a prism Chōjin who appeared as a member of Kinnikuman Super Phoenix's team during the survivor series to determine the next ruler of planet Kinniku. Prisman's trademark technique was the deadly Rainbow Shower, where he channeled sunlight through his body into a beam that could destroy any Chōjin's body. He first demonstrated this on Kinnikuman Zebra. Prisman first saw action in the ring in a six-man tag team match that was himself, Super Phoenix and Mammothman against Kinnikuman Soldier, Buffaloman and Brocken Jr. Learning of Prisman's Rainbow Shower, Brocken stripped himself of his Chōjin power in order to use his body to shield Ataru from it. Shortly after, he, Phoenix, and Mammothman ganged up on Brocken, but Brocken regained his Chōjin Body and shattered Prisman's head with a Bremen Sunset on one of the kinshachi statues on Nagoya Castle. Immediately after, Brocken fell to his death into the canyon below, motivating Ramenman to train fiercely for a showdown with Prisman in the finals in Osaka Castle.
- The two of them met in a Jungle Big Gym Skyscraper Death Match (ジャングル・ビッグ・ジム摩天楼デスマッチ Janguru Biggu Jimu Matenrou Desumatchi), before which Prisman used his Rainbow Shower to destroy the ring attire of Ashuraman (who had sacrificed himself so that Team Kinnikuman could make it to the second match). Though Prisman hit Ramenman with the Rainbow Shower numerous times, he survived each hit and continued to fight back, using a few of his 102 Chōjin Attacks. After Ramenman was able to return the Rainbow Shower it looked as though he'd win, Phoenix had Prisman stand on the middle section of black bars and pulled a lever, causing all but the black bars to fall to the ground. However, Ramenman used the last of his power to jump back up and shatter Prisman's body the Kowloon Wall Drop, destroying him and avenging Brocken Jr.
- Satan Cross (Hidetoshi Nakamura) used to be known as Samson Teacher, Ashuraman's childhood mentor in the demon world he was a bald looking man with four arms. It is implied that Samson Teacher is also a demon and a resident of the demon world, however he had a kind heart, crying after seeing a slaughtered animal, and tried to teach Ashuraman that demons don't have to be evil. During an exercise, a child Ashuraman fell into some rapids, so Samson Teacher saved him but lost his grip on a rock and fell down a waterfall, Ashuraman believed Samson Teacher to be dead at this point, and for the first time experienced sadness and cried. When Samson Teacher awoke he learned that he had brutally lost his legs from the rapids, but the God of Intelligence offered him the parasite Satan Cross, which would grant him his mobility and great power, if he would become the evil god's servant. He accepted and went by the name Satan Cross and lived as a bounty hunter. As Satan Cross he was a four-armed, and four-legged able to split into two. Years later, the god of Intelligence came to him again, this time so Satan Cross could repay the favor. The god of Intelligence wanted him to compete as a member of Kinnikuman Super Phoenix's team during the Survivor Match to see who would ascend the throne of Planet Kinniku, Super Phoenix was possessed by the evil god of intelligence and was trying to over throne Kinnikuman.
- Satan Cross' first match was against The Ninja during the semifinals in Nagoya Castle, in which he demonstrated his Western Ninjitsu abilities. He eventually killed The Ninja splitting his chest open as Satan Cross separated into two chojin to do his Triangle Dreamer technique which is basically a romero special done in the air by two people turning away from each other causing the opponent's chest to split open. Satan Cross then went up against Ashuraman himself. During this fight he revealed his true identity, which affected Ashurman's performance and allowed Satan Cross to counter most of his techniques (most of which he had taught Ashuraman in the first place). Eventually, Ashuraman's desire to avenge The Ninja conquered his fear of hurting his trainer and he drove Satan Cross into the wall with a super-powered Ashura Lightning Strike. However, as they fell to the ground, Satan Cross applied the Triangle Dreamer, knocking Ashuraman out and causing the fight to end in a draw.
- Satan Cross then fought Kinnikuman himself in a Magic Ring Equipment Death Match (魔法陣リング装着デス・マッチ Mahou-jin Ringu Souchaku Desu Matchi) during the finals in Osaka Castle. During the fight, Ashuraman arrived and supported Kinnikuman, showing Satan Cross that his student had finally learned all of the lessons of kindness he had tried to teach him. This caused a power struggle between Satan Cross and his parasite to control his mind. Kinnikuman eventually defeated him with a Complete Muscle Spark, destroying only the parasite's head and allowing Satan Cross to die as the kind-hearted Samson Teacher.
Although this story has had some continuity errors removed in recent reprints, it still does not fit in well with Kinnikuman Nisei canon.
- Kevin Mask is the son of Robin Mask and later a major character in Kinnikuman Nisei. He appears in the original printing as a child sized duplicate of Robin Mask and refers to Robin as "Tou-san" (父さん father), but in the Remix he is changed to look more like he does in Nisei and refers to Robin as "Daddy". His presence in the story is one of its biggest continuity errors, as the story takes place 8 years after the Survivor Match and his starting age in Nisei (18) implies that he has not even been born yet.
- Iwao (イワオ) (Rocky Slabb in the English dub of Nisei) is a rock Kaijū who first appears at an amusement park and is subsequently defeated by Kinnikuman. He returns when Kinnikuman is being interviewed by Natsuko and plans to beat him up in front of her and ruin his image. His first attempt is interrupted by Kappatron so he tries to take Natsuko hostage, but he is still easily defeated by Kinnikuman. He then takes on the role of Kinkotsuman's sidekick and helps him with all of his attempts to destroy Kinnikuman. They seemingly turn good after the Chōjin Olympics, but return as villains during the American Tag Tournament. In the anime, the two of them eventually join up with Detective Gobugari and act as Kinnikuman's main cheering squad. In Ultimate Muscle, he was renamed Rocky Slabb.
- Iwao is not that bright and frequently copies Kinkotsuman's laugh and speech pattern. For example, he frequently says dawasa (だわさ) (which Kinkotsuman often ends his sentences with) as a single sentence, seemingly meaning "I agree". This annoys Kinkotsuman and often prompts him to bop Iwao on the head. Iwao also refers to Kinkotsuman as sensei. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou in Kinnikuman, and Yasuhiko Kawazu in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne.
- Nachiguron (ナチグロン) is a weak Kaijū that is afraid of humans. Kinnikuman is dispatched to fight him, but realizes Nachiguron is harmless and lets him go. Originally 60 m tall, he shrinks down to around 1 m and moves in with Kinnikuman and Meat. Meat initially objects to the idea, already having to take care of one big baby (Kinnikuman), but agrees if Nachiguron will take care of himself. He gives Nachiguron a special whistle to blow if he ever gets in trouble and sends him out to get the groceries. Nachiguron is then confronted by the Kaijū Yakuza for siding with Kinnikuman. He almost blows the whistle, but instead decides to take care of himself. He shows up again from time to time cheering on Kinnikuman or serving as referee, but is not seen again after the Chōjin Olympics. In the anime however, he first appears during the Chōjin Olympics as Zangyaku-seijin's cowardly minion, but eventually sides with Kinnikuman. He then takes on the role of Kinnikuman's second sidekick and is frequently seen with Meat throughout the rest of the anime. Nachiguron is bald when he first appears, but in the next chapter he has shaggy blonde hair which is his hairstyle for the remainder of the series. In addition to his cowardice, he is also a very loud snorer. He is named after the Nachiguro stones. He is voiced by Keiko Yamamoto in Kinnikuman, and Naomi Nagasawa in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne.
First Kaijū Extermination Arc
- Okamarasu (オカマラス) is an Okama Kaijū who first appears as the antagonist of the first pilot chapter. He later reappears in the first serialized chapter as one of the invading aliens and again as one of Kinkotsuman's minions. He appears to have a slight crush on Kinnikuman. His feelings for Kinnikuman lead him to allow Kinnikuman to escape from Kinkotsuman's prison. He is voiced by Sanji Hase.
- Eraginesus (エラギネス) is a lizard Kaijū who first appears as the antagonist of the second pilot chapter. He later reappears in the first serialized chapter as one of the invading aliens and again as one of Kinkotsuman's minions. He is voiced by Kouji Totani.
- Abdullah (アブドーラ) is a Kaijū based on Abdullah the Butcher who first appears in the first serialized chapter as one of the invading aliens. He later reappears attacking the Japanese Diet building when Terryman first appears. He and Mouko-Seijin later team up to fight Kinnikuman and Terryman in a tag match to decide who is better between Chōjin and Kaijū. In the anime he is renamed Abdudullah (アブドドーラ), and the one that appears after Terryman defeats the first one is said to be Abududullah Jr.
- Acrobat-seijin (アクロバット星人 Acrobat Alien) is an acrobat Kaijū who first appears in the first serialized chapter as one of the invading aliens. Kinnikuman claims the best defense against his acrobatic moves is finger pops. A character resembling Acrobat-seijin appears in Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Chōjin Tag Arc among the pile of tag teams killed by the Time Chōjins, but it is unknown whether or not it is him.
- Gorizaemon (ゴリザエモン) is a gorilla Kaijū whose specialty is making his nose drip on command. Kinnikuman hires him to kidnap pop idol Nana Takahara so Kinnikuman can save her and win her over, but he falls for Nana and fights back. Kinnikuman eventually defeats him. He has a sister named Gonta. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Nessie (ネッシー) is the legendary mysterious creature that dwells in Loch Ness. When Kinnikuman first hears of her and that she is believed to be 20 meters tall (shorter than his giant form), he decides challenge her to a fight on live TV. Unfortunately, she turns out to be much larger than his giant form and defeats him with a mere lick on the cheek. In the anime, she first plays around with him before knocking him into space. When Kinnikuman gets a garlic boost from Meat and tries to fight back, she ends up swallowing him and then later pooping him out as she leaves.
- Shiek-seijin (シーク星人 Alien Shiek) is a sheikh Kaijū who first appears in the first serialized chapter as one of the invading aliens. He later reappears and attacks Tokyo, prompting Kinnikuman to go off and fight him despite not being Japan's official hero anymore. This in turn prompts Terryman to quite his businesslike ways and fight purely for the sake of justice. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Franky (フランキー) is a Kaijū who kidnaps two of Mari's students. Kinnikuman tries to save them, but they prefer Franky and refuse to be saved. This comically results in Franky having to protect the children from an angry Kinnikuman. Before he can make his mother proud by becoming the first popular Kaijū, Meat lures the children away with chocolate and defeats Franky. He is voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori.
- Zangyaku-seijin (ザンギャク星人 Brutal Alien) is an alien whose father was killed by Kinnikuman while trying to take over the Earth. He has a gun for a hand and speaks with a Kyūshū dialect. He hijacks a bus with Kinnikuman, Meat, Mari, and the school children and demands to fight Kinnikuman. Kinnikuman refuses until he lets the children and Mari go (Meat stays behind on his own accord). He is defeated when Kinnikuman's Kinniku Flash causes the bus to explode. Kinnikuman gets good press over this fight (the headlines reading "Kinnikuman Miraculously Saves the Day"), but the children are ungrateful because they have to walk to school now thanks to him. His appearance also marks the debut of Detective Akaiwa (Gobugari in the anime). In the anime, he appears with Nachiguron as his minion during the 20th Chōjin Olympics. He is voiced by Daisuke Gouri.
- Kappatron (カッパトロン) is a Kappa Kaijū who attacks Tokyo while Natsuko is interviewing Kinnikuman. He is ultimately defeated by Terryman because Kinnikuman wasted time reminding Natsuko to take pictures. It could be said that Kappatron played an important role in Terry and Natsuko's relationship, as his rampage provided them with a chance to meet. He was also the first fan submission Kaijū. He is voiced by Kouji Totani.
- Daibutsura (ダイブツラー) is a Daibutsu Kaijū who lives in the ocean. Once every 50 years, he rises from the ocean and abducts beautiful women in order to peek at their vulva. He is defeated by Kinnikuman's Yoshinoya Kinniku Flash.
- Dai King (ダイキング Great King) is a vampiric Kaijū who kidnaps citizens of Planet Kinniku in order to fight Kinnikuman. He learns of Kinnikuman's weakness to milk and uses it to his advantage. Kinnikuman eventually gets a garlic boost from Meat's sister Rare and defeats him.
- Mouko-seijin (猛虎星人 Fierce Tiger Alien) is a saber-wielding Kaijū modeled after Tiger Jeet Singh who teams up with Abdullah to fight Kinnikuman and Terryman in a tag match to decide who is better between Chōjin and Kaijū. Kinnikuman defeats him with a Back Drop. A character with the name Mouko-seijin appears in the first Kinnikuman movie, although he looks entirely different. He is voiced by Kouji Yada.
- Sokonashi-seijin (底無し星人 Bottomless Alien) is an alien who devours everything in his path, including Kinnikuman and Natsuko. Kinnikuman eventually escapes after cutting Sokonashi-seijin's stomach open with his Kinniku Cutter. He later reappears as one of Kinkotsuman's minions.
- Long Legged Gon (長足ゴン Nagaashi Gon) is a Kaijū who has been harmlessly running around the world since ancient times. However, Kinnikuman has to stop him before he runs into a dam, causing massive damage. Knocked down by Kinnikuman, he is unable to stand back up because his arms are too small and he dies after three days. This tragic event causes Kinnikuman to appreciate jogging more.
- Apollo the Giant (アポロ・ザ・ジャイアント) is a boxing Kaijū who easily defeats Kinnikuman. Kinnikuman receives training from a delusional Yosaku-san, who had been watching Rocky one too many times, and challenges him again. Kinnikuman manages to defeat him at the very last minute, resulting in several gym owners wanting Yosaku to train their boxers. He was named after Apollo Creed and modeled after André the Giant.
Second Kaijū Extermination Arc
- Burugorasu (ブルゴラス) is a Kaijū who attacks Japan while Kinnikuman is still touring America. Kinnikuman is allowed only thirty minutes to go to Japan and defeat him, if he cannot get back in time he has to return the Chōjin Olympic title. In the end, he defeats Burugorasu but does not make it back in time.
- Monster Turkey (モンスター・ターキー) is, as his name suggests, a turkey Kaijū who attacks on Christmas. Kinnikuman and the Tanokin Trio argue over who will fight it. It is eventually defeated by Kinnikuman.
- Gonta (ゴンタ) is a female gorilla Kaijū who tries to attack Bibinba, but is easily defeated by Kinnikuman. She is the sister of Gorizaemon.
- Sprinterzord (スプリンタソード) is a robotic Kaijū that Kinkotsuman uses to attack an already weakened Kinnikuman. He had four legs and a serpent-like drill on his head. He is destroyed by Terryman's Magnum Gun attack, allowing Kinnikuman to focus on beating Kinkotsuman. In the anime he is renamed Neck Flinger (クビフリンガー Kubi Furingā).
- Tendon (テンドン) is a shrimp who is transformed into a Kaijū by Kinkotsuman and Iwao. He and his girlfriend Ebiko used to be part of a bowl of Tendon, but Kinnikuman was repulsed by it and instead threw Ebiko into the ground and smacked Tendon out of the house. Iwao found Tendon and gave him to Kinkotsuman, who used Tendon' desire for revenge to convince him to become a Kaijū. Tendon goes on a rampage until Kinnikuman defeats him, agreeing to eat him afterwards as a final request. Kinnikuman likes how Tendon tastes so much that he begins eating Tendon everyday instead of Gyūdon (by the next chapter, though, he's back to only gyuudon). He is voiced by Kouji Totani.
- Bazoogara (バズーガーラー) is a Kaijū with bazookas (filled with Morinaga milk, Kinnikuman's weakness) on his back that Kinkotsuman uses to attack Kinnikuman and Terryman while giant/possessed Natsuko is on a rampage. Terry eventually subdues Natsuko long enough for Kinnikuman to destroy Bazoogara.
- Ukon (ウコン) is an ape Kaijū who appears as the main antagonist during the Roots Island story. He turns out to actually be a robot piloted by Kinkotsuman and Iwao. He initially defeats Kinnikuman and takes over Roots Island, but Kinnikuman returns to fight him again. He is eventually destroyed by Mammora, and when Kinkotsuman and Iwao crawl out of the robot head Kinnikuman yells at them and scares them away. Characters named Ukon, very few of which have any simian features, appear in all of the Kinnikuman movies as minions of the film's antagonist. The running joke in the movies is that Kinnikuman always mishears his name as "Unko (うんこ poop)", resulting in several poo jokes. He is voiced by Kouzou Shioya (movie 1); Kouji Yada (movie 2); Yudetamago (movies 3~6); Masaharu Satou (movie 7).
- Octopus Dragon (オクトパスドラゴン) is an octopus Kaijū who Kinnikuman fights and defeats. A character named Octopus Dragon III appears as the main antagonist of the first Kinnikuman movie, but he possess an entirely different appearance and personality. However, the monster in the film, Gigasaurus (ギガサウルス), does resemble the original Octopus Dragon. He is voiced by Chikao Ohtsuka (movie 1).
- Harigorasu (ハリゴラス) is a Kaijū who Terryman fights and defeats. His body was spiny like a hedgehog and he would curl up into a ball and attack his opponent with his body. A character with the name Harigorasu appears in the first Kinnikuman movie and fights Rikishiman, although he looks entirely different. He is voiced by Yasurō Tanaka.
- Mammora (マンモラー Manmora) is a sacred mammoth Kaijū who helps Kinnikuman defeat Ukon. His name is a parody Mothra.
- Miss Karasu (ミスカラス) is a bird-type Kaijū (karasu is Japanese for crow) who transports Kunta, Kinnikuman, Meat, and Terryman to Roots Island.
- Kinkotsu-Obaba (キン骨オババ Auntie Kinkotsu) is Kinkotsuman's aunt (on his mother's side) and an anime original character. Along with her nephew and Iwao, she was originally from the Heinous Chōjin planet (like herself, this plot device only appears in the anime). She has the characters Obaba (オババ) written on her forehead. She likes to watch far away matches on her crystal ball and possess the ability to warp people to other places (in the movie Hour of Triumph! Seigi Chōjin, she also seems to possess the ability of time travel). She likes to flirt with hunky men, particularly Detective Gobugari. He is voiced by Keiko Yamamoto.
Dream Chōjin Tag Arc
- Elder Cements (セメントス長老 Sementosu-chourou) is an elite and orthodox Seigi Chōjin. At one time, he had planned for Neptuneman to be his successor. He suddenly appears in Pyramid Ring to watch the finals match. He loves to use the microphone and dislikes having to snatch it away from other people. He is voiced by Sanji Hase.
- The Queen of Heaven (天の女王 Ten no Jou'ou) is the goddess of the Ancient Chōjin Realm and is said to be the most beautiful being in existence. Hundreds of millions of years ago, when the Islands of Japan and the African continent were still connected, she brought the Tag Trophy to what is now Lake Mashu, where the Pyramid Ring arrives. He is voiced by Hiromi Tsuru.
Pycho Chōjin Arc
- Gunshi Yama Khan (軍師ヤマカーン Strategist Yama Kān) is the Psycho Chōjin Leader. Fights against Kinnikuman. He is able to switch places with Kinnikuman during the Kinniku Driver and Kinniku Buster with his Time Warp technique. After his defeat, he attempts suicide but is stopped by Kinnikuman and the others. His name appears to come from Yamamoto Kansuke, the brilliant strategist who served under the famous daimyo Takeda Shingen. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Kareiyasu (カレイヤス) is one of the Psycho Chōjin Shitennou. Long ago he fought with Sneagator and was so amazed by his transformation abilities that he tremble in fear and left the fight after only a minute. He fights against Kinnikuman and can transform into various carnivorous plants. He is voiced by Hideyuki Tanaka.
- Hell Knight (ヘルナイト) is one of the Psycho Chōjin Shitennou. Fights with a katana. He and several Psycho Soldiers fight against Robin Mask and Warsman. He is defeated by Robin Mask's Tower Bridge. He is voiced by Daisuke Gōri.
- Chikāra (チカーラ) is one of the Psycho Chōjin Shitennou. He and several Psycho Soldiers fight against Buffaloman and is defeated by his new Hurricane Missile technique. He is voiced by Yonehiko Kitagawa.
- Gangarian (ガンガリアン) is one of the Psycho Chōjin Shitennou. Uses a gun during combat. He and several Psycho Soldiers fight against Terryman and Brocken Jr. and is defeated by Terryman's Calf Branding. He is voiced by Hideyuki Hori.
Goku'aku Chōjin Arc
- Princess Lilly (リリー姫 Ririi-hime) is the princess of Planet Kinmoku. Kinnikuman is fascinated by her beauty. She is voiced by Minori Matsushima.
- Baron Ram (ラム男爵 Ramu-danshaku) is Princess Lilly's fiance. He acts as the referee and general moderator for the matches. He is voiced by Issei Futamata.
- Prince Cherry (チェリー王子 Cherii-ouji) is Princess Lilly's little brother. He is voiced by Hiromi Tsuru.
- Dirty Baron (ダーティーバロン) is the Gokuaku Chōjin Leader. He drinks Buffaloman's blood in order to become his brother. Because the volcano underneath the ring where first fought Kinnikuman erupts, the match ends in a draw. During the rematch, he counters Kinnikuman's 48 Killer Techniques with his own 96 Killer Techniques and gains the advantage. In addition to Kinnikuman's, he also has variations of the other Seigi Chōjins techniques. The match and story arc conclude when the power of the Sword of Justice is suddenly awakened and blows him away (it is believed that this quick ending was devised due to the series' cancellation). He is voiced by Daisuke Gōri.
- Wild Bakuto (ワイルドバクト) is the Gokuaku Chōjin Subleader. He fights against Terryman. He has no bones, but his muscles are hard enough to be considered bone. He is voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori.
- Jiraiyer (ジライヤー) fights against Robin Mask during the 5-on-3 Death Match. He could fire beams and body doubles from his hand. He is eventually thrown down the Sky Devil ravine by Robin's "Modified Tower Bridge" technique. He is voiced by Banjō Ginga, Hideyuki Tanaka (ep. 134)
- Gudon (グドン) fights with Jiraiyer against Robin Mask during the 5-on-3 Death Match. They are both eventually thrown down the Sky Devil ravine by Robin's "Modified Tower Bridge" technique. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Kishino.
- Bull Docky (ブルドッキー) fights with Warsman during the 5-on-3 Death Match. His fangs are destroyed by Warsman's Bear Claws. In the end, they are both thrown into the ravine by Warsman's new finishing move "Siberian Snow Storm". He is voiced by Issei Futamata.
- Big Magnum (ビッグマグナム) trespasses during the 5-on-3 Death Match. Defeated by Warsman's new finishing move "Siberian Snow Storm". He is voiced by Kōji Totani.
- Baracky (バラッキー) uses the Seven Tools of the Shinigami and can separate his body. He fights against Brocken Jr. during the 5-on-3 Death Match. He is defeated when Brocken splits his head in half. The bara in his name is a Japanese onomatopoeia which refers to something falling apart. He is voiced by Hideyuki Hori.
- The Kinniku Clan Ancestor (キン肉族先祖 Kinniku-zoku Senzo) is, as his name implies, the great ancestor of the Kinniku Clan. The character "祖" is written on his forehead and his face greatly resembles Tatsunori's. While washing his alternate mask in a river one day, he accidentally dropped it. As he raced after it, Kami-sama appeared and asked The Golden Mask or this Worn Out Mask, which did you drop? He tried to point at the Golden Mask, but neuralgia caused him to accidentally point at his own mask. Kami-sama mistakes this for honesty and rewards him with the Golden and Silver Masks. He is voiced by Masaharu Satō.
- Tatsunori Kinniku (キン肉タツノリ Kinniku Tatsunori) was a great fighter of the Kinniku Clan and the father of Mayumi Kinniku. The KIN Mark is on his forehead. Once during battle when he was surrounded by enemies trying to steal his mask, he used the Kinniku Clan's Niku Curtain to protect his mask and withstood their blows for three days straight until they collapsed. In the anime he uses the Kinniku Guard to protect his mask during a Space Samurai invasion on Planet Kinniku. Furthermore, in Kinnikuman Nisei it is established that he created the Niku Curtain and founded the Royal Kinniku Family. His name comes from Tatsunori Hara. He is voiced by Akira Kamiya.
- Uldraman (ウルドラマン) is the 18th Chōjin Olympics Champion. He is very prideful and was once Japan's main Chōjin, but he retires after a humiliating defeat at the hands of Robin Mask at the 19th Olympics (according to a flashback in Kinnikuman Nisei, his hip is broken in half by Robin's Tower Bridge, ending his career). Despite seeming to be a big wheel Chōjin, he is never seen after this (excluding the flashback). He was originally called (and meant to be) Ultraman, but this was later changed for copyright reasons. In the anime his name was Uttraman (ウットラマン). It is unknown if he is one of the Ultra Brothers.
- Shigeru-kun (シゲルくん) was a young man of the Giant Clan who the Royal Kinniku Family adopted to replace the less impressive Kinnikuman. He is later said to have been "adopted" into the Tiger Clan of Planet Tigers. However, he never appears after this. His name comes from former professional baseball player Shigeru Kobayashi, and his adoption itself is a parody of the Suguru Egawa Incident. In the anime he is replaced by Tatsunori-kun (タツノリくん), who is modeled after Tatsunori Hara.
- Medium Rare (ミディアム・レアー) is Meat's very beautiful older sister. Her fiance Salami is held hostage by Dai King, but with her help Kinnikuman rescues him. In Kinnikuman Nisei her name is written as Rare Alexandria (アレキサンドリア・レアー Alexandria Rare).
- Salami (サラミ) is Rare's fiance who is held hostage by Dai King and saved by Kinnikuman. He is seen again with Rare when Kinnikuman almost visits home after the Chōjin Olympics. It is unknown if they ever got married.
- Kalbi Liver (カルビ・レバー) is Meat's fat and ugly older sister. In Kinnikuman Nisei her name is written as Liver Alexandria (アレキサンドリア・レバー Alexandria Liver).
- Horumon Yaki (ホルモンヤーキ) is the head of the Horumon Clan and one of many roles played by Yosaku. Long ago, the Horumon Clan was greater than the Kinniku Clan, but war with the Kinniku lead to its downfall. Horumon himself has challenged and lost to Mayumi Kinniku countless times, and his wife Harami was killed by the Kinniku Clan. In order to seek revenge on the Kinniku Clan, he sends his daughter Bibinba and Shishkeba Boo of the Barbecue Clan as assassins, but both of them fail. In Kinnikuman Nisei he appears as one of four great elders of Planet Kinniku's Chōjin Council (超人評議会). He seems to have reconciled since Bibinba married into the Kinniku Clan. His name comes from horumonyaki. He is voiced by Jōji Yanami.
- Shishkeba Boo (シシカバ・ブー) is a member of the Barbecue Clan (バーベキュー族 Baabekyuu-zoku). The champion of the Galactic Chōjin Carnival, he agrees to kill Kinnikuman for Horumon Yaki in exchange for Bibinba's hand in marriage. He defeats Kinnikuman and almost kills him (in the anime film they are equal), but after seeing how deeply Bibinba cares for him he backs away like a man. Although very manly and strong, he has a quite homely face, even funnier looking than Kinnikuman's. However, whether or not his clan wears masks like the Kinniku is unknown. He is voiced by Keiichi Noda, Mahito Ōba (Nisei).
- Beansman (ビーンズマン) is a disciple of Ingen and a young boy from Planet Rakka (ラッカ星 Rakka-sei), a parody on rakkasei, the Japanese word for peanut. When Planet Rakka is invaded by the Uchuu Nobushi, he heads for Earth in order to gather Chōjin like Terryman for help. He collects kaijū and carries around one named Monster #1. At the end of the anime television Special, he becomes the Medaka Prince of Planet Goldfish (キンギョ星のメダカ王子 Kingyo-sei no Medaka Ouji). He is voiced by Satomi Majima.
- Ingen (インゲン) is the great elder of Planet Rakka. In order to combat the Uchuu Nobushi invasion, he sends Beansman to Earth to find Seigi Chōjin. He seems to be somewhat immortal, as he survives having an arrow pierce his head and is also rather clam with it still in his head. He is voiced by Jōji Yanami.
- The Uchuu Nobushi (宇宙野武士 Space Samurai) are a group of invaders who attack Planet Rakka. The only reason they pause from fighting is to eat. After Crystalman finds the weakness to their Combine and Enlarge technique, they are destroyed by Kinnikuman and the Chōjin Team. In the TV Special, the actual leader is identified and named Black King (ブラックキング).
- Kinnikuman Mariposa (キン肉マン・マリポーサ), originally Thief George (盗人ジョージ Nusutto Jooji) was one of the Five Fated Princes (運命の五王子 Unmei no Go Ouji). In the anime he is voiced by Masaharu Satou, and Thief George is voiced by Sho Hayami.
- The future Kinnikuman Mariposa was born on the same day and in the same hospital as Kinnikuman and four other young boys, but because of a fire the children were mixed up and the true heir of their home planet may have been misplaced. His family moved to Planet Moctezuma (モクテスマ星 Mokutesuma-sei), a planet with an atmosphere so thin its inhabitants were forced to wear oxygen masks. Because of this, he grew up with a tough heart and amazing jumping abilities, and because he also grew up poor, he soon turned to a life of theft. While living as a thief, he stole the Robin Family heirloom the Anoalo Sceptre (アノアロの杖 Anoaro no Tsue), a item capable of controlling flames. After Kinnikuman had proven himself worthy to become the next king of his home planet, five evil gods sought out the other potential heirs and gave them great Chōjin power to become the Five Fated Princes, who all claimed to be the true heir. Mariposa was chosen by the God of Flight (飛翔の神 Hishou no Kami). A royal survivor series was organized to determine who was worthy of ascending the throne. Kinnikuman Mariposa's team fought the true Kinnikuman and his allies in the first round in Kumamoto Castle. Mariposa ended up fighting Robin Mask himself, making use of the stolen staff. He was stunned by a beam from a temple on Planet Kinniku when he tried to use a fake Muscle Revenger, a sacred technique used by the Kinniku Royal family, and was ultimately beaten by Robin's Robin Special, giving him his revenge.
- Mister VTR (ミスターVTR) is a camera-type Robo Chōjin. He uses various image-using special techniques. While posing as a relay camera he records the fight between Kinnikuman and The Hawkman and afterwards fights and loses to Kinnikuman. However, after his defeat and right before he dies he takes the footage he had recorded of the Kinniku Driver and edits it, contributing to Mixer Taite's victory. Submitted by a fan as Mac Star (マックスター). He is voiced by Toshio Kobayashi.
- Mixer Emperor (ミキサー大帝 Mikisaa Taitei) is a blender-type Chōjin. Kinnikuman fails to defeat him (however, this is because both Mister VTR and the Evil Gods lent him some of their power in a 7-on-1 gang-up). With his Power Separator he removes Kinnikuman's Kajiba no Kuso Chikara from his body. However, he doesn't notice when Kinnikuman removes one of his screws shortly before. Because of this, Meat is able to shatter him with a Back Drop. He is voiced by Yasuhiko Kawazu.
- King the 100 Ton (キング・ザ・100トン King Za Hyaku Ton) is a weight-type Chōjin. He possesses a 100 Ton metal body, making him the heaviest Chōjin in the series. His weight body is divided into different parts, allowing him to adjust his weight according to the situation in fights. His body can also transform into iron balls, barbells, and other things, but this requires images from the outside (special cards with a picture of the object on it). He overwhelms Meat with his weight but Terryman takes advantage of his transformations by causing his molecules to rearrange so he can shatter his body with his Calf Branding. However, after the match, he uses the last bit of his power to knock out Terryman, making the match end in a draw. He is voiced by Kazuo Oka.
- Kinnikuman Zebra (キン肉マン・ゼブラ), originally Powerfulman (パワフルマン), was one of the Five Fated Princes (運命の五王子 Unmei no Go Ouji) from the final story arc. In the anime he is voiced by Hirohiko Kakegawa. His name comes from the zebra-stripe pattern covering his body.
- Powerfulman, who would be Kinnikuman Zebra, was born in a hospital on planet Kinniku in the same day as the real Kinnikuman and four other boys, but because of a fire the children were mixed up and the true heir to the throne of their planet may have been given to the wrong family. Powerfulman grew up in Africa, where he worked as a farmer to earn money to buy his way into the Chōjin Society. His only friend during this period of his life was his pet zebra Zebra Kid (愛馬キッド Shimauma Kiddo). When he went to gain admission by offering the 9,000,000,000 Chōjin Dollars he had earned, he was denied but then offered admission if he killed Kid. He did so and from then on, he trusted only those who live for money (in fact, he paid each of his team members 3,000,000,000 Chōjin Dollars to fight for him).
- When the true Kinnikuman proved himself worthy to ascend the throne of planet Kinniku, five evil gods who feared the power he would have decided to seek out the other possible heirs and give them Chōjin power in order to turn them into the Five Princes of Fate and oppose his claim to the throne. The God of Technique (技巧の神 Gikou no Kami) chose Powerfulman, and turned him into Kinnikuman Zebra. Unsure who truly was the proper heir, the current royal couple arranged a survivor series, with whoever won becoming the next king. Zebra and his teammates were given a buy into the second round of the tournament. They fought against Team Kinnikuman at Himeji Castle. Zebra took part in a tag match with Parthenon against Kinnikuman. He is usually a clean fighter (White Form), but when he steps into Parthenon's shadow his stripes cover most of his body and his brutal side emerges (Black Form). After Parthenon is defeated by Robin Mask, he offers Robin and Ramenman 5,000,000,000 Chōjin Dollars to help him in the finals, but they instantly refuse. Because Kinnikuman's Kajiba no Kuso Chikara had been sealed, he was able to defeat the Kinniku Driver. He almost defeated Kinnikuman with the Muscle Inferno, but the spirit of Kid arrived and helped Kinnikuman escape it and defeat Zebra with an Incomplete Muscle Spark. Although Zebra survives the fight, as he is being carried away on a stretcher, Kinnikuman Super Phoenix's teammate Prisman blasted him with his Rainbow Shower attack, and Zebra is disintegrated to his skeleton. It is interesting to note that in the anime, this never happens. Zebra simply disappears after his fight with Kinnikuman.
- Teammates of Kinnikuman Zebra
- The Manriki (ザ・マンリキ or ザ・万力) is, as his name indicates, a scramble vice protrudes from his shoulders which he uses to crush opponents. It is powerful enough to crush steel and diamond and can also grow from areas other than his shoulders. His head is also very strong, as it was not affected when hit by the Screw Driver. He dominates Meat but then faces the recently revived Warsman. At first Warsman forgets his fighting style and is overwhelmed, but he is eventually defeated with the Palo Special. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou.
- Motorman (モーターマン) is the power source for Robo Chōjin Bikeman as well a member of Team Zebra. He has a very simple design with a drill-shaped head, batteries for hands and feet, and a motor body. He easily dominated Terryman, but he revived Ramenman's fighting intuition and was ripped in half by the Camel Clutch. He is voiced by Yasuhiko Kawazu.
- Bikeman (バイクマン Baikuman) was a Machine Chōjin in the form of a motorbike and served as Kinnikuman Zebra's Center Guard. At first, he was called Riderman (ライダーマン), but a character with the same name appeared in Kamen Rider V3, so it was changed to'Bikeman. He has a dangerous personality and shakes with excitement during a rough fight. He is usually shaped like a normal human, but he can transform into the shape of an autobike. He could also manipulate electricity at will. Zebra relies heavily on his fighting abilities. He charges up his engine by plugging into his teammate Motorman. Like his teammates, he refers to Zebra as Zebra-sama (ゼブラさま). He is voiced by Masato Hirano.
- Parthenon (パルテノン) is modeled after the real-life temple Parthenon. His shadow has the power to bring out Zebra's brutal personality. His entire body is made up of sculptures. Thousands of dead creatures are inside his temple body, and his pillars are filled with methane gas. He was offered 3,000,000,000 Chōjin Dollars to perform on Zebra's team. The dollar bills (gold bars in the anime) he received from Zebra were packed into his pillars. In the last semifinals match of the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne, he teamed up with Zebra in a Tag Match against Kinnikuman and Robin Mask. He trapped Robin inside his pillars with his "Body Petrification Trap", but Robin escaped using the Anoaro Staff. He then broke Parthenon in half with his Tower Bridge and finished him off with the Robin Special. He is voiced by Masaharu Satou.
- Puri-Puri Man (プリプリマン, Monsieur Cheeks in the English dub) is one of the few characters from Kinnikuman to not have a M.U.S.C.L.E. or Kinkeshi figure. Puri-Puri Man (literally "angry smelly man") appeared in one panel of the manga when Buffaloman's Akuma Chōjin attacked Kinnikuman. He also appears twice during the original opening of the Kinnikuman anime. His name appeared as the 51st place in the train tossing event in the original Kinnikuman manga; this may indicate that he was not actually one of the Akuma Chōjin.
- Planetman (プラネットマン) is one of the Six Devil Knights (悪魔六騎士 Akuma Roku Kishi) who serve under Akuma Shogun. Known as Uchuu Jigoku (宇宙地獄 Space Hell), he uses space themed wrestling. His body was made up of the nine planets of the solar system. Originally appearing as a masked Chōjin, his true face is later revealed to be the legendary Planet Vulcan. Although his space wrestling is quite powerful, he is not above using cowardly and unfair tactics, such as his Face Planet technique. Like the other Devil Knights, he possessed a Golden Mask (黄金のマスク Ougon no Masuku) which Kinnikuman was supposed to fight him for. He is voiced by Hideyuki Tanaka.
- Yudetamago: Kinnikuman 1~36 (Jump Comics, Shueisha)
- Yudetamago: Kinnikuman Nisei 1~29 (Playboy Comics, Shueisha)
- Yudetamago: Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Chōjin Tag Arc 1~ (Playboy Comics, Shueisha)
- Kinnikuman: Chōjin Encyclopedia (1997, Shueisha)
- Yudetamago (1998). Kinnikuman Chōjin Taizen. Japan: Shueisha. p. 191. ISBN 4-8342-1677-2.
- Yudetamago (1999). Kinnikuman Tokumori. Japan: Shueisha. p. 173. ISBN 4-8342-1679-9.
- Yudetamago (2002). Kinnikuman Nisei Chōjin Taizen. Japan: Shueisha. ISBN 4-08-857396-X.
- Yudetamago (2004). Kinnikuman Chōjin Taizenshū. Japan: Shueisha. p. 318. ISBN 4-7976-1003-4.
- Kinnikuman: Great Chōjin Collection (Columbia Records)
- Anime: Kinnikuman (NTV, April 3, 1983~October 1, 1986)
- Anime: Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne (NTV, October 6, 1991~September 27~1992)
- Anime: Kinnikuman Nisei (TV Tokyo, January 9, 2002~December 25, 2002)
- Anime: Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Muscle (TV Tokyo, April 7, 2004~June 30, 2004)
- Anime: Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Muscle 2 (TV Tokyo, January 4, 2006~March 29, 2006)