Black House Media
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
Black House Media (BHM) is a public relations and digital communications agency headquartered in Lagos with an office in London, United Kingdom. Founded in 2006 by Adekunle Ayeni, Black House Media manages strategic communications programs for companies with interests in entertainment, lifestyle and fashion, media, consumer and technology.
Black House Media has its historical roots in All You Ever Need in Entertainment (A.Y.E.N.I. Entertainment), a publicist service company, now defunct. After a rebranding exercise carried out by its owner Adekunle Ayeni on A.Y.E.N.I. Entertainment, BHM came into existence employing Fagbule Olanike as its first staff . The firm adopts the principles and practice of traditional, social and digital public relations. Ayeni reported that the company exceeded one million dollars valuation in 2012, and has "nearly 60 people" as employees. In 2013, the firm became a member of the Public Relations Consultants Association of Nigeria (PRCAN), a trade sectoral group founded in 1984 for the public relations industry in Nigeria.
The Brand Journalists' Association of Nigeria, in a feature report done on the public relations industry in Nigeria, profiled BHM as one of the "Only eight out of the 48 members of the Public Relations Consultants Association of Nigeria (PRCAN) (that) pay workers regularly". Raheem Akingbolu of ThisDay, in his report titled "54 Years After, Marketng Sector Still Experience Enormous Challenges", described the firm as "taking the lead in the area of digital PR". In Nigeria, BHM has also been described as "a public relations firm that is reputed to have handled most entertainment events."
In 2012, Black House Media raised a team of software and content developers to develop the BHM App, the "first PR mobile application" and "a pioneering effort." The application is a pool of resources for the Nigerian public relations practitioners, designed to meet the information needs of the app user in Nigeria.
- "Who Are We".
- "chose to be a journalist without formal training' -NET newspaper publisher, Ayeni Adekunle". 2 January 2015.
- Adekunle Ayeni (27 February 2015). "ID Africa Launches: Why My New Company is a Big Deal".
- Leonard Okachie (5 December 2013). "BlackHouse Media joins PRCAN". National Mirror.
- "BlackHouse Media joins PRCAN". The Nation. 5 December 2013.
- "Public Relations on Slippery Slopes". BJAN.
- Raheem Akingbolu (2 October 2014). "54 Years After, Marketing Sector Still Experiences Enormous Challenges". Thisday.
...Mr. Ayeni Adekunle, whose agency - Black House Media is taking the lead in the area of digital PR has urged practitioners to up the ante in the area of new media to be able to be at par with global trends.
- "Raising the Frontiers of Consumer Engagement". Thisday. 22 January 2014.
- Nseobong Okon-Ekong, Vanessa Obioha (28 December 2014). "Big Plans for 2015". Thisday.
- Editor (5 August 2014). "Ayeni Adekunle's BHM Launches Nigeria's First PR App". SabiNews.
- Rasheed Abubakar (19 August 2014). "Building the first app for PR in Nigeria is a dream come true'- Ayeni 'The Great' Adekunle, CEO of BHM Group". Encomium.
- Olamide Jasanya (5 August 2014). "Blackhouse Media Launches Nigeria's First PR App". Uncova.
- Raheem Akingbolu (2 October 2014). "Ayeni: PR is About the Truth Well Told". ThisDay. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Trending Market". BrandsMart. Archived from the original on 2015-03-09.