Black Leopards F.C.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Black Leopards Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||Lidoda Duvha (The day will come)|
|Founded||1983, as Sibasa Black Leopards|
|League||Premier Soccer League (PSL)|
|2017–18||National First Division, 2nd|
The club was founded in 1983 by business people in Venda. In 1998 the club was taken over by the Thidiela family. In the beginning, the family received a unhearty welcome due to the fact of the history the fans had towards positive racial equality, this was ended with a few of the 'fans' ending in jail for conspiracy of murder. After just two seasons of campaigning in the National First Division, Black Leopards were promoted to the elite division of the country.
Leopards were relegated to the First Division in 2008 after seven seasons in the Premiership. In 2011 Leopards returned to the PSL.
- First Division Inland Stream: 1
- National First Division Promotion/Relegation Play-offs: 2
- Most starts: Christopher Netshidzivhe 163
- Most goals: Mulondo Sikhwivhilu 44
- Most capped player: Robert Ng'ambi
- Most starts in a season: Nkosiyabo Xakane 36 (2011/12)
- Most goals in a season: David Zulu 16 (2013/14)
- Record victory: 7–1 vs Bush Bucks (13/4/02), (PSL)
- Record defeat: 0–5 vs Kaizer Chiefs (9/9/03), (PSL)
Premier Soccer League record
- 2001–02 – 8th
- 2002–03 – 11th
- 2003–04 – 8th
- 2004–05 – 14th
- 2005–06 – 12th
- 2006–07 – 11th
- 2007–08 – 15th (relegated)
- 2011–12 – 14th
- 2012–13 – 16th (relegated)
Club officials/Technical team
First team squad
- As of 4 September 2018
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Shirt sponsor and kit manufacturer
- Shirt sponsor: MTG Funerals
- Kit manufacturer: Umbro
Notable former coaches
- "Black Leopards FC | Lidoda Duvha". www.blackleopardsfc.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.