|Origin||St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Punk rock, folk punk, hardcore punk|
|Labels||Dine Alone Records|
City and Colour
Attack in Black
|Past members||George Pettit|
Jordan "Ratbeard" Hastings
Black Lungs is a side project of Alexisonfire's guitarist and vocalist, and current Gallows frontman Wade MacNeil. MacNeil created the side project similar to his first punk rock band Plan 9, a more relaxed and melodic sound than Alexisonfire.
MacNeil initiated Black Lungs with original members percussionist Jordan Hastings, keyboardists Sammi Bogdanski, and Alexisonfire's George Pettit on bass. The side project released their first studio album, Send Flowers, in May, 2008 on Dine Alone Records with Ian Romano on drums. The band toured afterwards to support the album with Liam Pettit on drums. Bedouin Soundclash's former drummer, Pat Pengelly later drummed with the band.
In 2008, Black Lung released a limited edition 7" vinyl with two songs. A second two-song 7" vinyl entitled Valley of the Dolls was released, through Deranged Records. in 2010. On March 8, 2011, Wade announced a Split EP with fellow Canadians, Cancer Bats.
In 2011, Black Lungs began recording their second album with producer Nick Blagona. After recording the album, titled Pagan Holiday, it was shelved for over four years and released online for free on Halloween of 2015.
- Current members
- Wade MacNeil - lead vocals, lead guitars & bass (2005–present)
- Phil Waring - bass (2009–present)
- Scott Savarie - rhythm guitar (2011–present)
- George Clark - drums, percussion (2011–present)
- Former members
- George Pettit - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2005–2006, 2008–2009)
- Jordan "Ratbeard" Hastings - drums, percussion (2005–2006)
- Sean "Sickboy" McNab - bass (2005–2006)
- Liam Cormier - drums, percussion (2008)
- Haris Cehajic - keyboards, piano (2008–2009)
- Sammi Bogdanski - keyboards, piano (2008)
- Ian Romano - drums, percussion (2008)
- Pat Pengelly - drums, percussion (2008–2011)
- Send Flowers (2008)
- 7" EP (June 2008)
- Valley of the Dolls (2010)
- Black Lungs/Cancer Bats Split EP(March 2011)
- Pagan Holiday (2015)
- Hold Fast (Sink or Swim) (2008)
- For Her (2008)
- Feibel, Adam. "Black Lungs Pagan Holiday". Exclaim!. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Campbell, Michelle. "Black Lungs Send Flowers". Exclaim!. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "BLACK LUNGS – SEND FLOWERS". Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Black Lungs’ New Album Was Almost Electronic". Chart Attack, Jun 18, 2008
- "Black Lungs have a dark heart". Metro, Aaron Lavery, 28 Aug 2008
- "Black Lungs sing black songs". Metro, 26 Aug 2008
- "Black Lungs Pagan Holiday". Exclaim!, By Adam Feibel Oct 30, 2015
- "Black Lungs". Rock Midgets. Archived from the original on 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2008-10-07.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- According To National Post News[permanent dead link]
- "Black Lungs: Black Lungs [7 inch] (2008). Punk News, Reviewed by Ben_Conoley, July 20th 2008
- "Wade MacNeil's Black Lungs Return with Surprise Album". Exclaim!, By Gregory Adams Oct 30, 2015