Black Mountain (San Diego County, California)
|Elevation||4,048 ft (1,234 m) NAVD 88|
|Location||San Diego County, California, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Mesa Grande|
|Easiest route||Hike, class 1|
Black Mountain is a summit in the Cleveland National Forest of the Peninsular Ranges in eastern San Diego County, California, north of Ramona. The peak is measured at 4,048 feet (1,234 m), and is sometimes referenced as Big Black Mountain to distinguish it from the smaller Rancho Peñasquitos Black Mountain Open Space Park in the city of San Diego. Black Mountain offers a WX channel for people who wish to tune in on radios to hear the weather; channel is located on VHF frequency 162.4000 MHz.
- "Black Mountain". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "San Diego Peaks List". San Diego Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "San Dieguito - Black Mountain". Projects & Plans - Land Management Plan. Cleveland National Forest. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- Nixon, K.; et al. (1998). "Quercus engelmannii". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 1998. Retrieved 2009-12-16.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)old-form url
- "Black Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
|This San Diego County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|