|Origin||Long Branch, New Jersey, USA|
Tee Pee Records|
The Atomic Bitchwax|
Black NASA is a New Jersey based rock band, often placed in the stoner rock genre. They formed in the early 2000s in Long Branch, and were active while the guitarist in Kosnik's other band (The Atomic Bitchwax) was busy with Monster Magnet. The band has a heavy 70s feel. They have not been active since touring to support Deuce. The band's name refers to NASA conspiracies in general, and is unrelated to the Old Negro Space Program. Duane Hutter and Corey Stubblefield are gladly playing in a new band called 40 POUND HOUND since 2014. New recording and FB page in the works.
- Chris Kosnik - bass guitar, Vox, guitar, synth - (of Godspeed and The Atomic Bitchwax)
- Duane Hutter - guitar, slide guitar, dobro, harmonica-(of Daysleeper (band), and Solace (band))
- Corey Stubblefeld - drums, percussion-of Three Day Funk (band), Viscosity Jones (band) and Muffled Crap (band).
- Bob Ignizio (2004-07-15). "Cosmic Conspiracy: An interview with Chris Kosnik of Black NASA (and Atomic Bitchwax)". Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- Guy Peters (2003-06-05). "Live Review: Black Nasa / The Atomic Bitchwax". Archived from the original on 2008-05-09. Retrieved 2008-01-29.