Black Rhythm Revolution!
|Black Rhythm Revolution!|
|Studio album by Idris Muhammad|
|Recorded||November 2, 1970|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs|
|Idris Muhammad chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Stewart Mason of Allmusic stated, "Black Rhythm Revolution is not a bad album at all; in fact, most of the tracks are good to great, with the lengthy bookends "By the Red Sea" and "Wander" both featuring memorable grooves and tight, compact solos. It's just considerably less intense than the title might lead one to believe". Most critics that listened to the album said, although unknown, one of the better drummer albums of its time.
All compositions by Idris Muhammad except where noted.
- "Express Yourself" (Charles Wright) – 5:28
- "Soulful Drums" (Jack McDuff) – 4:42
- "Super Bad" (James Brown) – 5:31
- "Wander" – 11:11
- "By the Red Sea" – 8:56
- Idris Muhammad – drums
- Virgil Jones – trumpet
- Clarence Thomas – tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone
- Harold Mabern – electric piano
- Melvin Sparks – guitar
- Jimmy Lewis – electric bass
- Buddy Caldwell – congas