|Genres||Hard rock, stoner rock|
|Members||Pete 'Spider' Spiby
Andrew 'Ozzy' Lister
Mark 'Dark Shark' Thomas
'Tiger' Si Atkinson
Adam 'The Fox' Irwin
The band formed in early 2008, originally playing a few shows under the name 'the Black Spiders'. They released the three track single "St. Peter" in December 2008, to coincide with a small run of dates with Airbourne on mainland Europe in December of the same year, their first ever tour.
A four track EP Cinco Hombres, Diez Cojones followed in June 2009, shortly after the band's first appearance at the Download festival at Castle Donington which was to be the first release on the band’s own record label Dark Riders.
The band’s second EP No Goats in the Omen was released in May 2010, to coincide with the band's first headline tour of the UK.
Black Spiders gained early positive reviews in the rock press, with Kerrang! and Classic Rock featuring them on their 'Introducing' and 'High Hopes' sections. Both Rock Sound and Classic Rock also listed them among their 'ones to watch'.
After favourable reviews of early shows in the press the band picked up support slots for numerous other acts. They played UK dates supporting Airbourne and Black Stone Cherry, The Datsuns, Stone Gods and Danko Jones to name a few. In September 2009 they supported The Wildhearts on their UK tour and The Answer in November. A further tour with Airbourne of the UK and Ireland followed before the band embarked on their own headline tour which consisted of sixteen dates across the UK.
In 2009 the band played Download Festival and the Hard Rock Hell III festivals.
In 2010 the band played at the iTunes festival with Ozzy Osbourne, after winning a competition held by MySpace and iTunes, to find an unsigned band in the UK, which had over 500 other entries. The band also played festivals in Essen Devilside, headlined SOS in Manchester, ZwarteCross in the Netherlands and a show in Victoria Park at the High Voltage Festival, alongside Orange Goblin, ZZ Top, Heaven & Hell and Down. They played at Sonisphere 2010 at Knebworth on the Bohemia stage. They also played the Main Stage at Bloodstock Open Air in 2010.
The band’s debut album Sons of the North was released on 7 February 2011 to positive reviews in the press, both in the UK and in mainland Europe. Towards the end of February 2011 they embarked on a sold out headline UK tour with Turbowolf and Viking Skull in support, with a further set of sold out dates to follow in May 2011 with support from Japanese Voyeurs.
In between these tours Black Spiders were invited to play in China, at the Beijing Stadium in Chaoyung Park along with other UK acts. The band played six shows over three days, climaxing with their headline appearance on the final day on the main stage.
After their return, they played at various festivals across Europe including the prestigious Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany and Graspop Festival in Belgium and award shows for Kerrang! and Metal Hammer.
In the summer of 2011 the band were asked for a second year to play at the High Voltage Festival this time playing as main support on the Metal Hammer stage to Neurosis on 24 July. This was followed by three dates with Karma to Burn.
At the end of 2011 Black Spiders played UK dates with Volbeat and then ended the year with their longest tour in mainland Europe with New Jersey Stoner/Space Rockers Monster Magnet.
2012 began with Black Spiders starting the writing and recording of new material for their second studio album. In April they joined Skindred and Therapy? on the Jagermeister Tour 2012, with a week long run of dates in the UK. They will then be supporting Irish rockers Thin Lizzy in May on their second leg of their 2012 UK tour and Guns N' Roses on selected dates of their Up Close and Personal Tour.
Black Spiders played at Bingley Music Live on Saturday 1 September 2012.
In May 2013 the band announced that their second album would be called "This Savage Land" which is planned for release in September 2013. The production of the new album was funded by fan pledges via an online music pledge service. An 8 day UK tour has been announced to follow at the beginning of October 2013 
Singles and EPs
- "Rat Mansion" (2014)
- "Kiss Tried to Kill Me" (2012)
- Volume (2011) - compilation of the first single and two EPs
- "No Goats in the Omen" (2010)
- "Cinco Hombres, Diez Cojones" (2009)
- "St. Peter" (2008)
- Sons of the North (2011) UK chart peak: No. 172
- This Savage Land (2013) UK chart peak: No. 59
- Kerrang! Magazine, January 2009
- Classic Rock Magazine, March 2009
- Rock Sound Magazine, January 2008
- Classic Rock Magazine, January 2010
- "Tour page of the Black Spiders". Theblackspiders.com. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "The Black Spiders Announce New EP Details". Metal Hammer. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards nomination list
- Kerrang! Article about Awards show line up
- Metal Hammer news article about Sonisphere 2011
- Kerrang! Article about the Jagermeister Tour
- Pledge campaign for second album
- 2013 UK Tour Dates
- "Hard Rock Hell Review: Korpiklaani, Delain, Black Spiders, Hysterica". Metal Hammer. 2009-12-05. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Tobias Zywietz. "The official Zobbel homepage". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Official Albums Chart UK Top 100 - 2nd August 2014 | The UK Charts | Top 40". Officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2014-08-02.