|Single by Arctic Monkeys|
|from the album Suck It and See|
|B-side||"You and I"|
|Released||23 January 2012|
|Arctic Monkeys singles chronology|
"Black Treacle" is a song by the English indie rock band Arctic Monkeys, released as the fourth single from their fourth studio album Suck It and See and was released as a digital download and a 7" vinyl on 23 January 2012. The single was limited to only 1500 copies.
The 7" vinyl features only one B-side titled "You and I" and is credited to Richard Hawley and The Death Ramps. The Death Ramps is a pseudonym previously adopted by the band when they released "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala" single and a limited edition vinyl with "Teddy Picker" B-sides "Nettles" and "The Death Ramps" back in 2007.
A promo video was made for "You and I" which consists of footage while recording the song at the studio and of the band riding motorbikes on the peaks outside Sheffield near Dore. The music video for the single premiered on 5 January 2012 and for "You and I" premiered on 23 January 2012 on YouTube.
|7" and digital download|
|1.||"Black Treacle"||Alex Turner||3:35|
|2.||"You and I"||3:26|
- Arctic Monkeys
- Alex Turner – lead vocals, lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals (track two)
- Jamie Cook – lead and rhythm guitar
- Nick O'Malley – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Matt Helders – drums, backing vocals
- Additional personnel
- Richard Hawley – lead vocals, lead and rhythm guitar (track two)
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||173|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||21|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||25|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)||38|
- "Watch Arctic Monkeys' video for new track 'You and I'". NME. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Independent Singles Chart Top 50". Official Charts Company.
- "Ultratop.be – Arctic Monkeys – Black Treacle" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Arctic Monkeys – Black Treacle" (in French). Ultratop 50.
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|