Black Women in Europe Blog
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2014)|
Black Women in Europe Blog is a multiple-award winning blog that showcases the lives of ordinary and extraordinary black women living in Europe. The blog was launched in 2006 by Adrianne George and has won or been a finalist for several awards. The blog has expanded into a social network, and a social media group and led to joint ventures and speaking appearances including the Corporate Council Women of Color Symposium in London, the Kwakoe Festival in Amsterdam, and the BlogHer conference in San Francisco.
In 2010 the first Black Women in Europe: Power List  was released on the Black Women in Europe Blog naming 58 women in Europe in the categories of business, lifestyle, media, politics, social entrepreneurs and NGOs that exhibit power and influence across Europe.
In 2012 the blog was awarded credentials to cover the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina in the US.
The Black Women in Europe blog is a member of the AfroSpear Bloggers Association, and the BlogHer and AGCG Advertising Networks.
- Black Weblog Awards Finalist 2013 
- Maishagalen Award 2012 
- Pris Ars Electronica 2011 Nominee 
- Sunshine Award 2010 
- Lemonade Award 2009 
- Black Web Award 2009 
- Helping Hand Award 2008 
- Black Web Awards Finalist 2008 
- Black Weblog Awards 2007 
- Weblog Awards Finalist 2007 
- Blogger's Choice Awards Nominee 
- Blog of the Day Awards Best Blog of the Day 
- Blogging Community Involvement Award 
- Black Women in Europe Blog 
- Black Women in Europe Social Network 
- Black Weblog Awards: Blogging story, 5/17/2010 
- Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, 8/31/2008 
- Hallandsposten, 8/12/2008 
- Corporate Council Women of Color 8/21/2008 
- FM4 Radio Austria, 10/12/2007 
- Ebonyjet.com Big Ideas, 10/1/2007 
- Ebonyjet.com Technology 9/17/2007