This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2022)
Black roses do not naturally exist but are symbols with different meanings or for various things.
The flowers commonly called black roses do not really exist in said color, instead they actually have a dark shade, such as the "Black Magic", "Barkarole", "Black Beauty" and "Baccara" varieties. They can be artificially colored as well.
Black Rose Books is the name of the Montreal anarchist publisher and small press imprint headed by the libertarian-municipalist and anarchist Dimitrios Roussopoulos. One of the two anarchist bookshops in Sydney is Black Rose Books which has existed in various guises since 1982.
The Black Rose was the title of a respected journal of anarchist ideas published in the Boston area during the 1970s, as well as the name of an anarchist lecture series addressed by notable anarchist and libertarian socialists (including Murray Bookchin and Noam Chomsky) into the 1990s.
- Wright, Jacob (21 September 2017). "Black Flower Names". Garden Guides. Retrieved 10 Dec 2022.
- Seal, Jann (15 November 2022). "How to Make Black Roses". Garden Guides. Retrieved 10 Dec 2022.
- Language of Flowers: Black Rose
- Goodway, D. (2013). For Anarchism (RLE Anarchy). Routledge Library Editions: Anarchy. Taylor & Francis. p. 5. ISBN 978-1-135-03756-7. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Black Rose". Black Rose. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- website of the Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra (BRRN)
- Wilkins, Eithne. The rose-garden game; a tradition of beads and flowers, [New York] Herder and Herder, 1969.