Blackburn High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Blackburn High School|
|60 Springfield Rd, Blackburn
Blackburn, Victoria 3130
|Motto||Ad Lucem Crescimus
(Growing Towards the Light)
|Principal||Mrs Joanna Alexander|
|Years 7- 12||Years 7-12|
|Colour(s)||Green, White, Black
The school has performed in music events such as The Victorian School Music Festival, The Royal South Street Competition and Generations in Jazz Competition in Mt. Gambier, which they have won a number of times.
Blackburn High School has four Houses: Dunlop (Red), Melba (Blue), Freeman (Yellow), and Hollows (Green). The House names were inspired by four Australians: Sir Edward Weary Dunlop, Cathy Freeman, Dame Nellie Melba and Fred Hollows. Each House has approximately 250 students from Years 7-12, and within each House students are members of their own Mentor group. The mentor group system is aimed at helping students achieve their maximum academic potential, whilst allowing them to bond with students in other year levels.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Christos Tsiolkas - Novelist
- Ross Irwin - Trumpet player in Melbourne based band 'The Cat Empire'.
- Daniel Merriweather - R&B Singer/Songwriter.
- Reuben Morgan - Singer/Songwriter at the Hillsong Church
- Darren James - 3AW Radio Announcer
- Don Scott - Former Hawthorn AFL Football Club Captain & Premiership Player & South Adelaide coach.
- Dee Ryall MP - Member for Mitcham
- Jenny Donnet - Olympic and Commonwealth Games diving athlete
- Steve Irons - Federal Member for Swan (WA) 2007 -
- Lachlan Davidson - Musician, The Davidson Brothers