|Town of Blackfalds|
|Municipal district||Lacombe County|
|• Village||June 17, 1904|
|• Town||April 1, 1980|
|• Mayor||Richard Poole|
|• Governing body||Blackfalds Town Council|
|• MP||Blaine Calkins|
|• Land||16.44 km2 (6.35 sq mi)|
|Elevation||880 m (2,890 ft)|
|• Density||567.3/km2 (1,469/sq mi)|
|• Municipal census (2016)||9,510|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|Forward sortation area|
|Area code(s)||+1 403, +1 587|
Red Deer River
The most recent population census took place in 2018 and the Town recorded an official population of 10,125 residents. Detailed information about the Town's population can be found on the Town website.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Blackfalds recorded a population of 9,328 living in 3,302 of its 3,552 total private dwellings, a 48.1% change from its 2011 population of 6,300. With a land area of 16.44 km2 (6.35 sq mi), it had a population density of 567.4/km2 (1,469.6/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Blackfalds had a population of 6,300 living in 2,250 of its 2,458 total dwellings, a 36.4% change from its 2006 population of 4,618. With a land area of 16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 385.1/km2 (997.4/sq mi) in 2011. The 2011 census also indicated that Blackfalds was ranked as the municipality with the fourteenth-highest population growth between 2006 and 2011.
The town has many public facilities such as:
- Blackfalds Public Library, Located in the Blackfalds Cultural Centre (town hall)
- Blackfalds Optimist Sk8 Deck, Sk8 Deck Skateboard Park is located at the Blackfalds Multi-Plex
- Tayles Water Spray Park, Located next to the Cultural Centre
- Blackfalds All-Star Park, Located at the southwest corner of Blackfalds.
- Blackfalds Multiplex, home to the ice arena, Banquet Room, and Ag Room.
- Blackfalds Abbey Multi-Purpose Fitness Facility and Outdoor Aquatic Centre
The town has three public schools in the Wolf Creek school district and one catholic school in the Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools district:
- Iron Ridge Elementary Campus
- Iron Ridge Intermediate Campus
- Iron Ridge Junior Campus; and
- St. Gregory the Great Catholic School.
The Town of Blackfalds is primarily served by regional weekly newspapers and one major daily, but as of 2018, no longer have a newspaper of their own as the Blackfalds LIFE , which began circulation in August 2014  closed.
Blackfalds receives the following newspapers:
- The Lacombe Globe (free weekly published on Thursdays);
- Red Deer Advocate (subscription, published daily Monday-Friday); and
- Lacombe Express (free weekly published on Thursdays).
Blackfalds is served by numerous radio stations from Red Deer and Lacombe, including Kraze 101.3 (CKIK), Real Country 95.5, Zed 99, Sunny 94, Big 105, X 100.7 (CKRI) and 106.7 The Drive.
- "Location and History Profile: Town of Blackfalds" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. June 17, 2016. p. 64. Retrieved June 19, 2016.
- "Meet Your Town Council". Town of Blackfalds. Archived from the original on August 13, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF) (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "2016 Municipal Affairs Population List" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. ISBN 978-1-4601-3127-5. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "2017 Municipal Affairs Population List" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. ISBN 978-1-4601-3652-2. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Table 6: Municipalities (census subdivisions) with the highest population growth between 2006 and 2011". Statistics Canada. May 30, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- "School Listings by Location". Wolf Creek Public Schools. Archived from the original on September 18, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Growing with Blackfalds". Blackfalds LIFE. August 22, 2014. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Radio stations in Blackfalds: KRAZE 101.3 (CKIK) CKGY (KG Country) Zed 99 Archived August 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine Sunny 94 Big 105.5 The River 100.7 The Drive Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine