|Town of Blackfalds|
|Motto: A Nice Place to Grow!|
|Municipal district||Lacombe County|
|• Mayor||Melodie Stol|
|• Governing body||Blackfalds Town Council|
|• Total||16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||880 m (2,890 ft)|
|• Density||385.0/km2 (997/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code||T0M 0J0|
|Area code(s)||+1 403, +1 587|
Red Deer River
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Blackfalds had a population of 6,300 living in 2,250 of its 2,458 total dwellings, a 36.4% change from its 2006 population of 4,618. With a land area of 16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 385.1/km2 (997.4/sq mi) in 2011. The 2011 census also indicated that Blackfalds was ranked as the municipality with the fourteenth-highest population growth between 2006 and 2011.
The town has many public facilities such as:
- Blackfalds Public Library, Located in the Blackfalds Cultural Centre (town hall)
- Blackfalds Optimist Sk8 Deck, Sk8 Deck Skateboard Park is located at the Blackfalds Multi-Plex
- Tayles Water Spray Park, Located next to the Cultural Centre
- Blackfalds All-Star Park, Located at the southwest corner of Blackfalds.
- Blackfalds Multiplex, home to the ice arena, Banquet Room, and Ag Room.
- Blackfalds Abbey Multi-Purpose Fitness Facility and Outdoor Aquatic Centre
The town has two public schools in the Wolf Creek school district:
- Iron Ridge Elementary Campus; and
- Iron Ridge Junior Campus.
- Red Deer Advocate;
- Red Deer Express;
- Lacombe Express;
- Red Deer Life; and
- The Lacombe Globe.
Blackfalds is served by numerous radio stations from Red Deer and Lacombe, including Kraze 101.3 (CKIK), KG Country (CKGY), Zed 99, Sunny 94, Big 105, The River 100.7 (CKRI) and The Drive.
- "Meet Your Town Council". Town of Blackfalds. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF) (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Town of Blackfalds 2014 Municipal Census" (PDF) (PDF). Town of Blackfalds. July 15, 2014. p. 2. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- "Table 6: Municipalities (census subdivisions) with the highest population growth between 2006 and 2011". Statistics Canada. May 30, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- "Canada 2006 Census: Blackfalds - Community Profile". Statistics Canada. Retrieved May 1, 2009.
- "School Listings by Location". Wolf Creek Public Schools. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Growing with Blackfalds". Blackfalds LIFE. August 22, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Radio stations in Blackfalds: KRAZE 101.3 (CKIK) CKGY (KG Country) Zed 99 Sunny 94 Big 105.5 The River 100.7 The Drive
|Sylvan Lake||Red Deer||Delburne|