|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Past members||Patrick Cornell|
Blackjack Billy is an American country rock group composed of Rob Blackledge (vocals, bass guitar), Noll Billings (vocals), Jeff Coplan (electric guitar), and Brad Cummings (drums). Based in Nashville, they describe their music as "Redneck Rock."  Their debut single, "The Booze Cruise," was independently released in March 2013.
SiriusXM satellite radio's new country channel "The Highway" began playing "The Booze Cruise" as a Highway "Find." It's cited as the biggest-selling song on iTunes by any band without a major record deal in the first half of 2013. As of Aug 12, 2013, the song has sold more than 100K in the US and more than 150K worldwide. It reached gold status in Canada.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave "The Booze Cruise" four stars out of five, writing that "clever lyrics and a melody that grabs your attention like that hottie oiling up with sunblock make this an easy song to finish before you realize you’ve begun." The song was written by Noll Billings, Jeff Coplan and Chuck Jones on August 24, 2011. A writing session was set for that very hot summer day in Nashville, when Billings said that a fun way to spend that day would be to get on a booze cruise. The song was written in 45 minutes.
Rob Blackledge is originally from Madison, Mississippi and toured as a solo artist while attending the Mike Curb College of Entertainment & Music Business at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. Blackledge co-wrote Love & Theft's first top 10 single "Runaway" with LNT's Stephen Barker Liles and Canaan Smith. (Liles is a musician often cited as the inspiration for Taylor Swift's song "Hey Stephen," from her second studio album "Fearless.") "Runaway" reached No. 10 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Jeff Coplan is originally from Montreal, Canada, and lived in New York before relocating to Nashville. Coplan is a songwriter and musician who began producing and engineering projects for others; including Bowling for Soup, Love and Theft, and Tim Hicks. Coplan, together with Robert Ellis Orrall, developed the group Love and Theft and produced their first album. Coplan also co-wrote their #1 hit Angel Eyes with LNT's Eric Gunderson and Eric Paslay. Coplan jumped back onstage with Blackjack Billy, and publishing company is Roots Three Music/Ole.
The three met in Nashville and began writing songs together. Blackjack Billy band members are considered a part of the so-called "young crop" of country artists finding success; Coplan and Blackledge were on a softball team from 2009-2010 together with Gunderson and Liles of Love and Theft, Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line and Canaan Smith.
Rob and Noll currently have publishing deals with Vandermont Music Group.
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|US Country Airplay||CAN Country
|2013||"The Booze Cruise"||46||—||31||41||Get Some|
|2014||"Blood, Sweat and Beer"||—||—||—||—|
|"Sugar Cane"||—||—||—||—||Rebel Child|
|"Run" (with The Road Hammers and Doc Walker)||—||—||35||—||TBD|
|2015||"Why God Made Summertime"||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2012||"Born to Ride"|
|2013||"The Booze Cruise"||Aaron Thomas|
|2014||"Got a Feeling" (with Tim Hicks)||Adam Rothlein|
|"Run" (with The Road Hammers and Doc Walker)|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Canadian Country Music Association||CMT Video of the Year – "Got a Feeling"||Nominated|
- Wood, Cindy (February 20, 2013). "Blackjack Billy: Difficult to pigeonhole". The Van Wert Independent. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "Roots Three/ole writer/producer Jeff Coplan Developing A Midas Touch". Majorly Indie. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (July 24, 2013). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles - July 24, 2013: Danielle Bradbery Debuts #2, Hunter Hayes "I Want Crazy" Platinum; Brett Eldredge & Brad Paisley Gold". Roughstock. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (August 1, 2013). "Blackjack Billy, 'The Booze Cruise' – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Emke, Dave (August 1, 2013). "Country duo to bring hits to casino this weekend". The Journal. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Vickye (April 21, 2013) "Are Blackjack Billy Set To Be The Rolling Stones of Country Music? Interview" http://www.nashvillegab.com/2013/04/are-blackjack-billy-set-to-be-the-rolling-stones-of-country-music-exclusive-interview.html Nashville Gab Retrieved August 6, 2013
- Jessen, Wade (August 16, 2012)"Country Countdown: Love and Theft, Colt Ford Score No. 1s" http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-615/480402/country-countdown-love-and-theft-colt-ford-score-no-1s Billboard, Retrieved August 6, 2013
- "Roots Three/ole Writer Jeff Coplan Back In the Band With Blackjack Billy". Majorly Indie.
- "Billboard Country Update for July 18, 2013" (PDF). Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. July 18, 2013. p. 8. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "Blackjack Billy Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Blackjack Billy - The Booze Cruise - Music Charts". acharts.us. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "Canadian digital download certifications – Blackjack Billy – The Booze Cruise". Music Canada.