|Birth name||John Lanza|
October 14, 1935 |
Albuquerque, New Mexico
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Blackjack Lanza
|Billed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Billed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|Trained by||Verne Gagne|
John "Jack" Lanza (born October 14, 1935) is an American retired professional wrestler, better known by his ring name, Blackjack Lanza. Lanza was one-half of the tag team The Blackjacks with Blackjack Mulligan in the American Wrestling Association (AWA) and World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF). He is currently a producer in WWE. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006.
Professional wrestling career
Lanza started his career in 1962. In the American Wrestling Association (AWA), he teamed with Bobby Duncum and was managed by Bobby Heenan. During his time in the company, his gimmick was that of a Western cowboy.  The duo won the AWA World Tag Team Championship on July 23, 1976.
In 1975, they joined the WWWF. On August 26, 1975, The Blackjacks defeated Dominic DeNucci and Pat Barrett for the WWWF World Tag Team Championship. The match was a two-out-of-three falls match, and the Blackjacks won the match by winning the first and third falls. As part of his tenure in WWWF, Vince McMahon promised Lanza that he would receive one World singles title shot a month.
Following his career, Lanza worked for the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) as a road agent. He is still in that capacity today.
Lanza inducted his longtime manager Bobby Heenan into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004. On April 1, 2006, Lanza, along with his former partner, Blackjack Mulligan, were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by their former manager, Bobby Heenan.
- "Cowboy" Jack Lanza
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA Big Time Wrestling
- World Wide Wrestling Federation / Entertainment
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 338 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- David Chappell. "Blackjack Mulligan interview". Mid-Atlantic Gateway. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- WWE Legends by Brian Solomon; page 185
- "Hall of Fame: The Blackjacks". WWE.com. Archived from the original on 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "AWA World Tag Team Title History". wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "World Tag Team Title History". WWE. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "Jack Lanza's Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING HALL OF FAME MOVING FROM UPSTATE NEW YORK TO TEXAS". PWInsider. November 20, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-20.