Blackley and Broughton (UK Parliament constituency)
|Blackley and Broughton|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Blackley and Broughton in Greater Manchester.
Location of Greater Manchester within England.
|Population||110,754 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||69,006 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Graham Stringer (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Manchester Blackley and part of Salford.|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
The City of Manchester wards of Charlestown, Cheetham, Crumpsall, Harpurhey, and Higher Blackley, and the City of Salford wards of Broughton and Kersal.
Formed following the Boundary Commission for England's review of parliamentary representation in Greater Manchester, this seat is a cross-border constituency with electoral wards from Salford and Manchester. The constituency of Blackley and Broughton is the successor seat to Manchester Blackley. The constituency has a substantial Jewish minority, particularly in Broughton and Crumpsall.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Gadsden||874||2.4||-11.9|
|Liberal Democrat||William Hobhouse||4,861||14.2||-4.9|
|Christian||Shafiq uz Zaman||161||0.5||N/A|
|Labour gain, as new|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Blackley and Broughton: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Blackley & Broughton". BBC News. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.