This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
There is an hourly service between Liverpool and Blackpool, with some additional peak trains calling at stations to Preston (where the train terminates). Some peak services also call at stations to Blackpool.
Trains during the week depart Liverpool at 57 minutes past the hour (arriving 1 hour 23 minutes later) and leave Blackpool at 37 minutes past the hour (arriving 1 hour 25 minutes later).
In May 2011, some Monday to Saturday services to Blackpool North were extended to start and terminate at Liverpool South Parkway. The service from Liverpool Lime Street is unchanged. Trains travelling from Blackpool North to Liverpool South Parkway have a 15-minute dwelling time at Liverpool Lime Street.
The normal route is:
- Liverpool South Parkway – Southern terminus – Monday to Saturday only
- Liverpool Lime Street – Southern terminus – off-peak and Sundays
- Wavertree Tech Park – Sundays only
- Broad Green – Sundays only
- Roby – Sundays only
- Huyton – change here for stations to Manchester Victoria and the Pennines, and all stations services to Wigan North Western
- Prescot – Sundays only
- Thatto Heath – Sundays only
- St Helens Central
- Garswood – Sundays only
- Wigan North Western – change here for intercity services to the North and services to Kirkby and Southport (from Wigan Wallgate)
- Euxton Balshaw Lane
- Preston – change here for services via the West Coast Main Line, services to York, and services to the Lake District
- Poulton-le-Fylde – Sundays only
- Blackpool North – Northern terminus
|This England rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|