Blackpool North and Cleveleys (UK Parliament constituency)
|Blackpool North and Cleveleys|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Blackpool North and Cleveleys in Lancashire for the 2010 general election
Location of Lancashire within England
|Population||83,391 (2011 census)|
|Member of Parliament||Paul Maynard (Conservative)|
|Created from||Blackpool North and Fleetwood|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Blackpool North and Cleveleys ('blakpuːl nɔrθ and kliːv'lɪz) is a constituency[n 1] represented in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament since its creation in 2010 by Paul Maynard of the Conservative Party.[n 2]
The Borough of Blackpool wards of Anchorsholme, Bispham, Claremont, Greenlands, Ingthorpe, Layton, Norbreck, Park, and Warbreck, and the Borough of Wyre wards of Bourne, Cleveleys Park, Jubilee, and Victoria.
The twin Wyre communities of Thornton and Cleveleys are now split between two constituencies. Cleveleys is the closer of the two to the Blackpool border, and encroaches on near neighbour Poulton-le-Fylde, which moves to Wyre and Preston North.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Sue Close|
|Liberal Democrats||Sue Close||747||1.8||-0.6|
|Liberal Democrats||Sue Close||948||2.4||-10.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Bill Greene||5,400||13.3||-0.4|
|Monster Raving Loony||Tony Davies||198||0.5||+0.5|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+6.9|
Notes and references
- "Blackpool North and Cleveleys: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- England Parliamentary electorates Boundary Commission for England
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)
- "General Election Candidates Announced". Blackpool Gazette. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Blackpool North & Cleveleys". BBC News Online. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Election 2010 - Blackpool North & Cleveleys BBC News
- nomis Constituency Profile for Blackpool North and Cleveleys, presenting data from the ONS annual population survey and other official statistics
|This article relating to a constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom or its predecessors is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|