Blackpool Pleasure Beach railway station
|Blackpool Pleasure Beach|
|Place||Blackpool Pleasure Beach|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|1 October 1913||Burlington Road Halt opened|
|1 January 1949||Burlington Road Halt closed|
|April 1987||Pleasure Beach station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Blackpool Pleasure Beach from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Blackpool Pleasure Beach railway station serves the Blackpool Pleasure Beach theme park. It is the penultimate station before Blackpool South on the Blackpool South to Colne line. There are no free tickets or other concessions for passengers wishing to visit the Pleasure Beach. Pleasure Beach Station is located about 300 metres (980 ft) from Burlington Road West tram stop on the Blackpool Tramway.
The station opened on 13 April 1987 at a cost of £58,000. This cost was met by Blackpool Pleasure Beach Company (£31,000), British Rail (£15,000), Lancashire County Council (£10,000) and Blackpool Borough Council (£2,000).
The station has only one platform and is unstaffed.
The station is on the same site as Burlington Road Halt which was open for a railmotor service between 1913 and 1949.
Though unstaffed, it has been provided with a ticket machine in the main platform waiting shelter and digital information screen to supply train running information (this can also been obtained from timetable posters, a pay phone and a digital P.A system). Step-free access is available from the adjacent street.
The station has an hourly service northbound to Blackpool South only and southbound to Kirkham and Wesham and Preston. On Sundays, the service continues onward to Blackburn and Colne (this also applies Mon-Fri but is not advertised as such). All services are provided by Northern.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 36. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Welch, M.S. (2004) Lancashire Steam Finale, Runpast Publishing, Cheltenham, ISBN 1-870754-61-1, p.31
- National Rail Enquiries - Blackpool Pleasure Beach NRES website; Retrieved 21 November 2019
- Table 97 National Rail timetable, May 2019
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blackpool Pleasure Beach railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Blackpool Pleasure Beach railway station from National Rail
- Blackpool & Fylde Rail Users’ Association—Pleasure Beach, accessed 17 October 2007
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|South Shore||Blackpool and Lytham Railway||Squires Gate|