€134,000 (assembled, 2011)
|Developed from||Millennium Master|
The Blackshape Prime is an Italian ultralight aircraft, produced by Blackshape srl, the company founded in Monopoli by Luciano Belviso and Angelo Petrosillo. The aircraft first flew in 2007 and was introduced at the Aero show held in Friedrichshafen in 2009. It is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The Prime started as the Millennium Master, but the design was later acquired and further developed by Blackshape. The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a cantilever low-wing, a two-seats-in-tandem enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, retractable tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from pre-preg carbon fibre. Its 7.94 m (26.0 ft) span wing has an area of 9.96 m2 (107.2 sq ft) and double slotted flaps. The standard engine available is the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke powerplant, driving a two bladed constant speed propeller, which gives it a maximum level speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) and a cruise speed of 275 km/h (171 mph).
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 7.18 m (23 ft 7 in)
- Wingspan: 7.94 m (26 ft 1 in)
- Height: 2.41 m (7 ft 11 in)
- Wing area: 9.96 m2 (107.2 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 296.5 kg (654 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 66 litres (15 imp gal; 17 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed constant speed propeller
- Maximum speed: 300 km/h (186 mph; 162 kn)
- Cruise speed: 275 km/h (171 mph; 148 kn)
- Stall speed: 65 km/h (40 mph; 35 kn) flaps down
- Never exceed speed: 340 km/h (211 mph; 184 kn)
- Wing loading: 47.44 kg/m2 (9.72 lb/sq ft)
- Pelegrin Tarragon, another design based upon the Millennium Master
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 33. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 35. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Blackshape. "Specs". Retrieved 19 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blackshape Prime.|