Blackstone Army Airfield
|Blackstone Army Airfield
Allen C. Perkinson Airport
|IATA: BKT – ICAO: KBKT – FAA LID: BKT|
|Owner||U.S. Army & Town of Blackstone|
|Location||Fort Pickett / Blackstone, Virginia|
|Elevation AMSL||439 ft / 134 m|
Blackstone Army Airfield (IATA: BKT, ICAO: KBKT, FAA LID: BKT), also known as Allen C. Perkinson Airport, is located two miles (3 km) east of the central business district of Blackstone, a town in Nottoway County, Virginia, United States. It is owned by the United States Army and the Town of Blackstone.
It is named for Allen C. Perkinson, a CAP Virginia Wing Commander in the 1940s.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 600 acres (240 ha) which contains two concrete paved runways: 4/22 measuring 4,632 x 150 ft (1,412 x 46 m) and 1/19 measuring 4,032 x 75 ft (1,229 x 23 m). For the 12-month period ending July 31, 2006, the airport had 3,482 aircraft operations, an average of 9 per day: 85% military and 15% general aviation.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BKT ( PDF), effective 2007-12-20
- National Flight Academy - Powered Virginia
- Blackstone Army Airfield at Fort Pickett web site
- Blackstone AAF / A.C. Perkinson Airport at GlobalSecurity.org
- Blackstone Army Air Field / Allen C. Perkinson Municipal Airport page from Virginia Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective July 23, 2015
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BKT, effective July 23, 2015
- Resources for this airport: