|Location||5914 Jeff Ates Road |
|Managed by||GEO Group|
The Blackwater River Correctional Facility is a private state prison for men located in Milton, Santa Rosa County, Florida, which was opened in 2010 by the GEO Group under contract with the Florida Department of Corrections. This facility houses about 2,000 inmates at a variety of security levels.
- Sky Bouche, sentenced to 30 years for the Forest High School shooting that injured only one student by shooting through the door.
- Anthony Todt, Todt Family Murders sentenced to life for the murders of his wife, three young children, and the family dog Breezy, in December 2019.
- "Blackwater River Correctional Institution". Florida Department of Corrections. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "Blackwater River Correctional Facility". GEO Group. Archived from the original on 26 July 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "Man who shot a student at Forest High School sentenced to 30 years in prison". October 22, 2021. Retrieved October 22, 2021.
- "According to Florida Department of Corrections, Sky Bouche received a sentence of 30 years. His 30-year sentence for possession of a firearm at school, 15-year sentence for possession of an illegal weapon, 5-year sentence for carrying a concealed firearm, and 5-year sentence for battery on law enforcement run concurrently with the 30-year sentence for armed burglary". October 22, 2021. Retrieved October 22, 2021.