Blackwell–Tonkawa Municipal Airport
|Blackwell–Tonkawa Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Cities of Blackwell & Tonkawa|
|Serves||Blackwell / Tonkawa, Oklahoma|
|Elevation AMSL||1,030 ft / 314 m|
Blackwell–Tonkawa Municipal Airport (IATA: BWL, ICAO: KBKN, FAA LID: BKN, formerly 4O3) is a public use airport located in Kay County, Oklahoma, United States. The airport is five nautical miles (9 km) southwest of the central business district of Blackwell, Oklahoma and is owned by the cities of Blackwell and Tonkawa.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned BKN by the FAA and BWL by the IATA (which assigned BKN to Balkanabat Airport in Balkanabat, Turkmenistan).
Facilities and aircraft
Blackwell–Tonkawa Municipal Airport covers an area of 209 acres (85 ha) at an elevation of 1,030 feet (314 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 17/35 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,501 by 60 feet (1,067 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 6, 2008, the airport had 2,400 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 200 per month. At that time there were 15 aircraft based at this airport: 100% single-engine.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BKN ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Blackwell–Tonkawa Municipal Airport page at Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website
- Aerial photo as of 20 February 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BKN, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: