Blackwell Consolidated Independent School District
|Blackwell Consolidated Independent School District|
ESC Region 14 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Abe Gott |
|Schools||2 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||737 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||22.00 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||7.45 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division II |
|District mascot||Hornets |
|Colors||Green and white|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Blackwell Consolidated Independent School District is a public school district based in Blackwell, Texas, United States. The district serves southeastern Nolan County, southwestern Taylor County, and a small portion of northeastern Coke County. The district has one high school, Blackwell High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $274,015,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.007 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. No state accountability ratings were given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable.
Historical TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
Blackwell Consolidated ISD has two campuses - Blackwell High (grades 7-12) and Blackwell Elementary (grades PK-6).
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blackwell CISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Blackwell High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|