Blaine High School (Washington)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|Blaine Harbor High School|
|School district||Blaine School District|
|Color(s)||Orange & black|
Blaine High School, established in 1906, is located in Blaine, Washington, USA, which is situated in the northwest corner of Washington State adjacent the USA - Canada international border. Blaine High School operates within the Blaine School District and serves approximately 639 students in grades 9-12. The school is ranked 39th out of 539 high schools in Washington State. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement course work and exams. The AP participation rate at Blaine High School is 38%. The student teacher ratio of 19:1 is equal to the state average. The 80% graduation rate is higher than the state average of 77%. The school's spending/student of $10,218 is higher than the state average of $8,997.
To provide an environment where students will become competent and responsible citizens, able to contribute to the total well-being of self, family, and community.
Principal Scott Ellis and vice principal Wayne Vezzetti.
The average years of experience is 14 years and 70% of the teachers have at least a master's degree.
Mascot and colors
The school mascot is a Borderite, and the school colors are orange and black.
- Scott Gomez is an American ice hockey player currently[when?] a member of Florida Panthers of the NHL. He previously played with the New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens and the San Jose Sharks. Gomez attended Blaine High School in 1997 while playing hockey for the South Surrey Eagles of the Tier II Junior "A" British Columbia Hockey League.
- Luke Ridnour is a point guard for the Milwaukee Bucks. He previously played for the Seattle Super Sonics and Minnesota Timberwolves. Ridnour was drafted 14th overall in the 2003 NBA Draft, a draft that included LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony. Ridnour graduated from Blaine High School in 2000.
- Joey Paciorek of the Huntsville Stars in the Southern League was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 15th round of the 2007 First-Year Player Draft. Paciorek graduated from Blaine High School in 2007.
- Michelle Cameron, born Michelle Berry, is a stage and screen actor best known for her principal roles in the upcoming independent features Those Who Wander (2014), Kensho at the Bedfellow (2015), Boulderlight Pictures Uncaged (2015), and Elsa in Frozen - A Musical Feat a viral video produced by AVbyte. She completed her K-12 education in the Blaine School District and graduated from Blaine High School as valedictorian in 2010.
- Source: U.S. News & World Report "Best High Schools".[when?]
|This Washington (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|