|Full name||Blake Brettschneider|
|Date of birth||April 11, 1989|
|Place of birth||Lilburn, Georgia, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2007–2010||South Carolina Gamecocks|
|2008||Atlanta Silverbacks U23's||12||(2)|
|2012||New England Revolution||17||(2)|
|2008||United States U20||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 7, 2013.
Brettschneider played soccer for the University of South Carolina. In 2010, he led the team with 7 goals and 10 assists. While at the University of South Carolina, he also played in the USL Premier Development League for both the Atlanta Silverbacks U23's and the Atlanta Blackhawks.
Brettschneider was selected by D.C. United with the third pick in the second round of the 2011 MLS Supplemental Draft. He signed a contract with the team on March 3, 2011, and made his professional debut on April 3, 2011, in a 4-1 loss to the Colorado Rapids. Brettschneider scored his first career goal on June 11, 2011 in a 4-2 loss against San Jose Earthquakes.
Brettschnider was released by United on February 3, 2012. On March 6, 2012, he signed as a free agent with New England Revolution. He was released by New England following the 2012 season. Brettschnider was picked up by the Rochester Rhinos of the USL Pro league.
- "Blake Brettschneider". D.C. United. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Blake Brettschneider Player Card". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- Streff, Steven. "D.C. United Sign Draft Pick Blake Brettschneider". Goal.com. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- Folan strikes twice as Rapids put DC in deep freeze Archived April 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Clark, Travis (11 June 2011). "Quakes stretch unbeaten streak to six as Lenhart factors in on all four goals". D.C. United. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "Blake Brettschneider waived". D.C. United. Archived from the original on 5 February 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2012.