|Full name||Blake Wagner|
|Date of birth||January 29, 1988|
|Place of birth||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|2003–2005||IMG Soccer Academy|
|2011||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||9||(0)|
|2011||→ Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-23 (loan)||2||(0)|
|2011||Real Salt Lake||2||(0)|
|2012–2013||San Antonio Scorpions||45||(3)|
|2014||Tampa Bay Rowdies||21||(3)|
|2003–2005||United States U17||24||(1)|
|2006–2007||United States U20||9||(0)|
|2008||United States U23||3||(0)|
|2017–||Tampa Bay Rowdies U23 Assistant|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of April 13, 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of July 18, 2012
Wagner was identified by U.S. Soccer (U.S. National Team) when he was 13 through their national Olympic Development Program (ODP). He joined the U-14 National Team and was then recruited to their U-15 residency program at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, where he lived and trained. Through U.S. Soccer, he completed high school a year early at the Edison Academy. Wagner travelled globally with the team and was a starter with the U-17 National team when they played in the Youth World Cup, Peru, 2005.
Wagner was drafted in the second round, 18th overall, of the 2006 MLS SuperDraft by FC Dallas. Wagner made his first appearance with FCD's first team on July 19, 2006 as a substitute in a 2-0 friendly match win against UANL Tigres. It would be his only appearance with the first team during his rookie season. In 2007, Blake made his MLS career debut on September 30, 2007 starting in a 0-3 loss against Houston Dynamo. He would make 12 appearances with the team during the 2007 MLS Season. The 2008 MLS Season was a breakout year for the third-year defender. Blake started in 23 of 24 games played and appeared in four of FC Dallas’ six international friendlies.
On February 2, 2010 Vancouver Whitecaps announced the signing of Wagner after he did not re-sign with Dallas. He played his first match with the second division side on July 14, 2010 and played as a left wing midfielder and netted a hat trick in a 3-1 win over Miami FC.
On August 16, 2011 Wagner was signed by Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake. At season's end, the club declined his 2012 contract option and he entered the 2011 MLS Re-Entry Draft. Wagner was not selected in the draft and became a free agent.
- "Whitecaps Add Blake Wagner". OurSports Central. February 2, 2010. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Whitecaps add Blake Wagner Archived September 7, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Wagner nets hat trick Archived July 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Wagner signs with MLS side". Whitecapsfc.com. March 11, 2011. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Whitecaps FC waive defenders Mouloud Akloul and Blake Wagner | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. July 28, 2011. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Randy Davis (August 16, 2011). "RSL feel they've filled a need with signing of Wagner". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- Constantineau, Bruce (March 20, 2012). "Salgado focuses on cracking lineup". Vancouversun.com. Retrieved April 2, 2012.