Blanchard Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Blanchard Township, Ohio|
Farms and woods cover much of Blanchard Township.
Location of Blanchard Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|• Total||24.07 sq mi (62.35 km2)|
|• Land||24.01 sq mi (62.19 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.16 km2)|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||64/sq mi (24.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086256|
Blanchard Township is one of the fifteen townships of Hardin County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 1,533, of whom 658 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Delaware Township, Hancock County - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Pleasant Township - south
- Cessna Township - southwest corner
- Washington Township - west
- Madison Township, Hancock County - northwest
The village of Dunkirk is located in northeastern Blanchard Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Blanchard township, Hardin County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- The History of Hardin County, Ohio. Warner Beers & Company. 1883. p. 584.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.