Blanco Independent School District
|Blanco Independent School District|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Buck Ford |
|Schools||3 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||968 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||91.89 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.59 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Division II |
|District mascot||Panthers |
|Colors||Royal Blue, Gold|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $654,434,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.011 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical TEA accountability ratings 
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
- Blanco High School (Grades 9-12)
- Blanco Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Blanco Elementary (Grades PK-5)
For the 2016 through 2018 school years, Blanco High School will play football in UIL Class 3A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blanco ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments" (PDF). University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Blanco High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF) Archived March 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|