Bland Independent School District
|Bland Independent School District|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Rick Tidwell |
|Schools||4 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||577 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||45.43 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.01 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A|
|District mascot||Tigers |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized |
Bland Independent School District is a public school district in the community of Merit, Texas (USA). In addition to Merit, the district serves Floyd and Wagner in Hunt County. A small portion of the district extends into Collin County. The district operates one high school, Bland High School.
As of the 2017-2018 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $188,377,841. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.0316 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2018, the school district was rated "A" by the Texas Education Agency. Sixteen percent of districts in Texas in 2018 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to campuses in 2018, but all campuses and districts will receive a rating in 2019. A school district in Texas can receive one of five possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: A - Exemplary B - Recognized c - Acceptable D - In Need of Improvement F - Unacceptable
Historical TEA district accountability ratings 
- 2018: A
- 2017: Met Standard
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
- Bland High (Grades 9-12)
- Bland Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Bland Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Bland High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, tennis and track. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, track, cross country, golf, tennis and softball. For the 2018 through 2019 school years, Bland High School will play basketball in UIL Class 2A.
Hometown of former 2005 Cross Country Southland Conference Champion Cody Evans Clark M.Ed
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bland ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Bland High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|