Blane oil field
|Blane oil field|
|Operator||Talisman Energy (UK) Limited|
|Partners||Talisman Energy (43.002%)
Roc Oil Company Limited (12.501%)
MOC Exploration (UK) (13.994%)
Dana Petroleum (12.501%)
|Start of production||2007|
|Current production of oil||10,224 barrels per day (~5.095×105 t/a)|
|Recoverable oil||30.4 million barrels (~4.15×106 t)|
|Producing formations||Paleocene sandstones of Forties|
Blane (Norwegian: Blanefeltet) is an offshore oil field located in the southern Norwegian and northern British sectors of North Sea. The Blane facilities are located on the British continental shelf and are tied to the Ula field which is located 34 km (21 mi) to the northeast via subsea pipeline. The field was discovered in 1989 and produces high quality oil.
Talisman Energy (UK) Limited is the operator with 25.002% of interest in the project. Other partners include Roc Oil Company Limited (12.501%), MOC Exploration (UK) (13.994%), Eni UK Limited (13.897%), Eni ULX Limited (4.105%), Dana Petroleum (BVUK) Limited (12.501%), Talisman Energy Norge AS (18.000%). Initial investment in the field was £ 250 million.
Blane is located in approximately 70 metres (230 ft) of water. The main reservoir stands at 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) in the marine Paleocene sandstones of the Forties Formation. Development drilling started on May 13, 2006. The production started on September 12, 2007. Blane field, tied to Ula platform, consists of two horizontal production wells with gas lift and one water injection well. The field produces 10,224 barrels per day (1,625.5 m3/d) and it is expected production will reach 17,000 barrels per day (2,700 m3/d). Production involves utilization of pressure support from injection of water produced from Tambar, Blane and Ula fields.
- Ula oil field
- Oselvar oil field
- Tambar oil field
- North Sea oil
- Economy of Norway
- Economy of the United Kingdom
- OLJEDIREKTORATET Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. Blane Archived July 26, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- ROC Oil Company Limited. Blane Oil Field (P111-Block 30/3a (Upper), North Sea) Archived October 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eni starts production at the Blane oil field offshore UK" (Press release). Milan: Eni. 2007-09-12. Retrieved 2010-04-19.
- BP. Ula has been revitalised. This field, which also processes production from Tambar and Blane fields, is expected to be on stream until 2028
- "Development Drilling Begins at Blane Oil Field in the North Sea". Rigzone. 2006-05-16. Retrieved 2010-04-19.