|No. of offices||15 offices (1 international)|
|No. of attorneys||approximately 540|
|Major practice areas||Multi-practice law and government affairs firm.|
|Key people||Alan Hoffman, Chairman & Managing Partner|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Blank Rome (formerly known as Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley) is a U.S. law firm. With nearly 540 attorneys serving clients across the globe, Blank Rome is an international law firm representing businesses and organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-up entities. It is ranked as the 96th largest law firm in the United States in terms of revenue, according to the AmLaw 100 Survey. Blank Rome has fourteen offices in the United States: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New York City; Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Houston, Texas (2 offices); Princeton, New Jersey; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Wilmington, Delaware; Cincinnati, Ohio; Boca Raton, Florida; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; and Tampa, Florida. In May 2011, the firm further expanded internationally by opening a Shanghai office in the People’s Republic of China.
Blank Rome was founded in 1946. The firm has combined with ten other firms since its founding: Wexler Weisman Forman & Shapiro in 1984, Wigman, Cohen, Leitner & Myers in 1998; Tenzer Greenblatt LLP in 2000; Dyer, Ellis & Joseph in 2003, Healy & Baillie in 2006, Abrams Scott & Bickley, L.L.P. in 2011, Bell, Ryniker & Letourneau, PC in 2013, Finestone & Richter and Margolis & Tisman LLP in 2014, and Wong, Cabello, Lutsch, Rutherford & Brucculeri LLP in 2015.
The firm’s practices cover areas including commercial and corporate litigation; consumer finance; corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, and securities; environmental, energy, and natural resources; finance, restructuring, and bankruptcy; intellectual property and technology; labor and employment; maritime, international trade and government contracts; matrimonial; products liability, mass torts, and insurance; real estate; tax, benefits, and private client; and white collar defense and investigations.
Blank Rome Government Relations LLC, an affiliate of Blank Rome LLP, includes legal, lobbying and strategic communications professionals who manage virtually every aspect of a governmental issue facing a client.
Notable lawyers and alumni
- Geraldine Ferraro, former congresswoman and Vice-Presidential candidate, was a principal of Blank Rome Government Relations LLC.
- Keith Gottfried, former general counsel to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and a senior official in the administration of President George W. Bush, was a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm from 2007 to 2012.
- Nathaniel R. Jones, former judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and former general counsel to the NAACP, was the law firm's former Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- Frederica Massiah-Jackson, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas judge, worked at the law firm before her election to the bench in 1983.
- David A. Norcross, former chairman of the New Jersey Republican State Committee and executive assistant to New Jersey Governor William T. Cahill, is a partner at the law firm.
- Stephen Orlofsky, former judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, is a partner at the law firm, and the head of their appellate practice group.
- Gil Stein, former president and general counsel to the National Hockey League, worked at the law firm before becoming an executive with the Philadelphia Flyers in 1976.
- Blank Rome LLP homepage
- Blank Rome Government Relations LLC homepage
- Bankruptcy Law Watch
- Securities News Watch
- Cybersecurity Law Watch
- Tax Controversy Watch
- Energy Trends Watch
- Consumer Finance Watch
- Blank Rome's firm profile from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell