Blankenese High Lighthouse
|Year first constructed||1984|
|Tower shape||cylindrical tower with inverted conical at the summit|
|Markings / pattern||white tower with two horizontal red bands, red summit|
|Tower height||40 metres (130 ft), height of light 39 metres (128 ft)|
|Focal height||84 metres (276 ft)|
|Light source||mains power|
|Range||8,410 metres (4.54 nmi)|
|Characteristic||white light 2s on, 2s off, synchronized with the front light|
|Admiralty number||B 1568.71|
|Managing agent||WSA Hamburg|
Blankenese High Lighthouse (also known as Blankenese Upper Lighthouse) is a lighthouse on the river Elbe in the Hamburg district of Blankenese. It has been operational since 1984 and is scheduled to be replaced in 2020.
The Blankenese High Lighthouse is 40-meters tall, white-and-red-striped concrete tower with a red steel lantern house was constructed in 1983. It is located in Baurs Park on the Kanonenberg, approximately 1,340 meters from the low light. Inside it has a round staircase leading to the top. Because of its height, the tower has an obstacle lighting for air transport.
Construction began in 1983. The eleven-ton lantern house was assembled using a mobile crane. The range of lights went operational on 29 November 1984.
The lighthouse is remotely controlled by the Seemanshöft Pilot Centre.
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Germany: Hamburg Area". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Lighthouse Blankenese Upper". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "Diagrams". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Meyer-Odewald, Jens (23 October 2018). "Blankenese erhält Deutschlands vierthöchsten Leuchtturm". www.abendblatt.de (in German). Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- Braun, Ralf Nehmzow und Carina (23 July 2012). "Blankeneser Leuchttürme werden abgerissen". www.abendblatt.de (in German). Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "New lighthouses for Blankenese". www.hamburg-port-authority.de. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- Blankenese High Lighthouse in Lighthouse Digest's Lighthouse Explorer Database
- Data and images at leuchtturm-atlas.de (in German)
- Data at leuchtturm-web.de (in German)
- Description at leuchttuerme.net (in German)
- Images and description (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blankenese Oberfeuer.|
|This European lighthouse-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|