Blanket Independent School District
|Blanket Independent School District|
ESC Region 15 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Vick Orlando |
|Schools||5 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||210 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||21.62 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.50 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division II |
|District mascot||Tigers |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $37,947,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.007 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings 
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year Blanket ISD operated three schools.
- Blanket School (Grades PK-12)
- Early Special Program (Grades PK-8)
- Early Special Program (Grades 9-12)
Up until 2010, the district operated Blanket Elementary School (Grades PK-8).
Blanket High School participates in the boys sports of tennis, basketball, golf, track, cross country, and football. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, tennis, golf, tennis, track, and cross country. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Blanket High School will play six-man football in UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division II. Junior High boys participate in football, track, cross country, tennis, and basketball. Junior High girls participate in cheer, track, cross country, tennis, and basketball.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blanket ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Blanket High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.