Church in Blaricum
Location in North Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Joan de Zwart-Bloch (D66)|
|• Total||15.56 km2 (6.01 sq mi)|
|• Land||11.11 km2 (4.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.45 km2 (1.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||1,008/km2 (2,610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Blaricum (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈblaːrikɵm] (listen)) is a municipality and village in the province of North Holland, the Netherlands. It is part of the region of Gooiland and part of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (Metropoolregio Amsterdam). It is known for its many monumental farm buildings, local cafes and restaurants, nature, several annual community events and extensive up-market residential areas.
According to statistics published by the Dutch land registry office in February 2011, Blaricum is the most expensive location to purchase a house in the Netherlands. The average home in Blaricum costs €800,000 and has risen an average of 12% over the last year. Blaricum is a popular residence of many Dutch celebrities, including Rene Froger, Anita Meijer, Paul de Leeuw, Dennis Bergkamp, Gordon, Jerney Kaagman, John de Mol, Anita Witzier and Marco Borsato.
The municipality of Blaricum consists of the following districts:
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Blaricum, June 2015.
The municipal council of Blaricum consists of 13 seats, which are divided as follows:
In Blaricum was located the Tolstoyan community De International Broederschap 1900–1903.
- Mellie Uyldert (1908 in Blaricum – 2009) a female Dutch New Age writer, alternative healer, occultist, and astrologer
- Max Croiset (1912 in Blaricum – 1993) a Dutch actor 
- Ton Richter (1919 in Blaricum – 2009) a Dutch field hockey player, team bronze medallist at the 1948 Summer Olympics
- Dick Bakker (born 1947 in Blaricum) a Dutch composer, conductor and music producer
- Robert-Jan Derksen (born 1974) a Dutch professional golfer, lives in Blaricum
- Selena Piek (born 1991 in Blaricum) a Dutch badminton player, team gold medalist at the 2019 European Games
- Merel Bechtold (born 1992 in Blaricum) a guitarist
- "J.N. de Zwart-Bloch" (in Dutch). Gemeente Blaricum. Archived from the original on 24 February 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 1261JB". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Blaricum still has the most expensive houses", DutchNews.nl (10 February 2010)
- Maria W.J.L. Boersen: De Colonie van de Internationale Broederschap te Blaricum (Blaricum: Historische Kring Blaricum, 1987)
- IMDb Database retrieved 02 February 2020
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|