- Commentarii exegetici in Apocalypsim (1601)
The book became well known; in it Viegas expressed his expectation for spiritual renewal led by the Society of Jesus. There were later editions, edited by Odoardus Farnesius. It was translated into Ge'ez by Jesuit missionaries.
- Meditações sobre os mysterios da paixam, resurreiçam, e acensaõ de Christo Nosso Senhor (1601)
By the Jesuit Vincenzo Bruno (1532–1594).
- (in Portuguese) PDF
- (in Portuguese) http://ler.letras.up.pt/uploads/ficheiros/3538.pdf
- Hilaire Kallendorf, A New Companion to Hispanic Mysticism (2010), p. 61; Google Books.
- WorldCat page
- Leonardo Cohen, The missionary strategies of the Jesuits in Ethiopia (1555-1632) (2009), p. 99; Google Books.
- Europeana page Archived April 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine..