Blast Beat (film)
|Directed by||Esteban Arango|
|Edited by||Alex Blatt|
|Music by||David Murillo R.|
|Distributed by||Vertical Entertainment|
Blast Beat is an American film that premiered on January 26, 2020, at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival. It is a coming-of-age film about two Colombian brothers in the US in 2000, written by Erick Castrillon and Esteban Arango and directed by Arango. It runs for 105 minutes and was acquired by Sony Pictures for distribution. It is in English and Spanish with English subtitles. There is a lot of "metal culture" and dancing in the film. It competed in the Sundance Dramatic Competition. It was released on May 21, 2021, by Vertical Entertainment.
- Moisés Arias as Mateo Andres
- Mateo Arias as Carly Andres
- Daniel Dae Kim as Dr. Michael Onitsuka
- Kali Uchis as Mafe
- Diane Guerrero as Nelly Andres
- Wilmer Valderrama as Ernesto Andres
- Andrene Ward-Hammond as Ms. Johnson
- "blast-beat". www.sundance.org. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- Nicholson, Amy (January 27, 2020). "'Blast Beat': Film Review". Variety. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- Clark, Anne Victoria (January 27, 2020). "Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What's Metal". Vulture. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- "Wilmer Valderrama dances to the alphabet of 'Blast Beat' | Sundance Film Festival 2020". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- "'Blast Beat': Film Review | Sundance 2020 | Hollywood Reporter". www.hollywoodreporter.com. January 26, 2020. Retrieved November 30, 2020.