Bledar Sejko (born 10 September 1972) is an Albanian guitarist, composer, and singer who represented Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö with his song "Identitet", which he performed with Adrian Lulgjuraj. According to Sejko, the song includes combined motives from Northern Albania and Chameria. He also appeared in the 2011 edition of the contest, performing alongside Aurela Gaçe in her song Feel the Passion.
Sejko's first group, which included Redon Makashi and Elton Deda was one of the first pop groups of Albania created in clandestinity in the late 1980s: Communist Albania did not allow pop music to be recorded, performed or broadcast. Sejko's nickname has always been Qepa (English: Onion). He taught guitar to Makashi and has always been known as a great performer of the instrument in Albania. He created Megahertz, the first rock band in Albania.
Sejko's last participation to the Festivali i Këngës before "Identitet" had been in 1992 with his group Thunder Way. Their song, "Legjenda e Heroit" (English: The heroe's legend), had come last in that festival.
|2012||"Identitet (feat .Adrian Lulgjuraj )"||First Prize||Won|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bledar Sejko.|
- Escudero, Victor (23 December 2012). "Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko win Festivali i Këngës!". Eurovision.tv. EBU. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Telegrafi (24 December 2012). "Sejko: Serbët vodhën melodinë shqiptare". Telegrafi.
- "Reprezentant Albánie 2013". escportal.cz (in Czech). ESC Portal - Czech OGAE Website. 22 December 2012. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Gazeta Albania (24 January 2009). "Redon Makashi: "Ndarja ime me "qepën" dhe me Elton Dedën". gazeta Albania.
- Haziri, Lulëzim (2000). Rokenrolli shqiptar: artikuj te botuar rreth rokenrollit (in Albanian). Skopje: Shkupi. p. 85.
|Awards and achievements|
|Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "One Night's Anger"
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|