"The Stars and the Starfish"
|Known for||Street art, artivism, Social commentary|
Bleepsgr (or Bleeps) is the pseudonym used by M.V. Kakouris, who is a Greek artist. He creates political street art, paintings and installations; he is associated with the artivism movement. Much of his street art is in Athens, but his paintings are also to be found in other parts of Greece, and more widely in Europe.
Style and themes
Most of Bleeps' street art projects derive elements from conceptual art, folk art and various past art movements, while the protagonists depicted are associated with Bleeps' interpretation of social life.
Since the beginning of the Greek financial crisis in 2008, Bleeps has been creating a series of works related to the crisis' impact on ordinary people and the lower middle class, globally and in his country. 
- Helena Celdrán (7 July 2011), "Aquiles también sale a protestar a las calles de Grecia", 20minutos.es.
- Ferris-Rotman, Amie (26 October 2011). "Greece Germany relations". The Reuters. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- Donadio, Rachel (14 October 2011). "In Athens art blossoms amid debt crisis". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Ross, Alex Robert (8 July 2015). "The street artist responding to Greece's social turmoil". huckmagazine.
- Lowen, Mark (2 December 2012). "Greece bailout: How the crisis fuels the arts in Athens". BBC News. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- Jessen, Corinna. "Griechenlands Krise als Graffiti Kunst". ZDF. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- Bontrup, Hiltrud. "Kunst kommt von Kummer". Financial Times Deutschland. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- "Défense d'afficher". France TV (An interactive documentary written by Sidonie Garnier, François Le Gall and Jeanne Thibord). Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- Tagaris, Karolina; Osborn, Andrew (15 June 2012). "Greeks vent election despair through graffiti". Reuters. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- Hafner, Patrick. "Report-Spezial". ORF TV THEK. Retrieved 18 June 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Stampoulidis, Georgios. "HOPE WANTED". pp. 66–73. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Smith, Sean (3 August 2011). "Greece in Crisis". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Poggioli, Sylvia. "Voters To Decide Outcome Of Current Greek Drama". NPR radio. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Tsilimpounidi Myrto, Walsh Aylwyn (27 June 2014). Remapping 'Crisis': A Guide to Athens. Zero Books.
- Vodeb Oliver, Janovic Nikola (5 February 2014). InDEBTed to INTERVENE. Octivium Press, Queensland College of Art, Griffith University & Memefest.
- Yvan Tessier, Stéphanie Lemoine (15 October 2015). Les Murs Revoltes. Editions Alternatives.
- Ayers David, Hjartarson Benedikt, Huttunen Tomi, Veivo Harri (December 2015). Utopia The Avant-Garde, Modernism and (Im)possible Life. Degruyter.