|• Mayor||Frank Rostek (CDU)|
|• Total||28.27 km2 (10.92 sq mi)|
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Bleicherode is a town in the district of Nordhausen, in Thuringia, Germany. It is situated on the river Wipper, 17 km southwest of Nordhausen. On 1 December 2007, the former municipality Obergebra was incorporated by Bleicherode. Every Thursday, there is a market held in the town.
One of Bleicherode's most famous natives is the cartographer August Heinrich Petermann.
- August Heinrich Petermann (1822–1878), German cartographer
- Adalbert Merx (1838–1909), German theologian
- Heinrich Stengel (1884–1970), German rector and numismatist
- Hans Beyth (1901–1947), German-Jewish banker and zionist
- Jochen Berg (1948–2009), German author
- Hans-Günther Bücking (*1951), German cinematographer and director
|This Nordhausen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|